2013 TrackChaser Week 8 Summary

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2013

      (Weekly Listserve Update #113) The 2013 TrackChaser Florida barrage continued this past week. The group added 17 new track visits in Week 8, and 13 of them were in Florida.

      Of course the largest attendance by the group was at the Daytona International Speedway (Short Track). No fewer than seven members of our group have reported being there, four on Monday and three on Tuesday. This was the only new track added to the database this week.

      Speedweeks ended with an amazing 32 new tracks reported from Florida alone. Leading the way was Roger Ferrell. He added one more new Florida track before heading home with 12 new tracks this year in the Sunshine State. Nancy Brown added 5 new tracks in Florida, Alan Brown 3, Brian Hickey 3, Bruce Eckel 3, Pat Eckel 3, Paul Weisel 2, and John Moore 1. I can't remember so much activity in Florida as this year.

      For Nancy Brown and John Moore, it was their first reported new tracks in 2013. We now have 17 different people reporting new tracks already this year.

      The other four new tracks added during the past week were Quebec ice races attended by Mike Knappenberger and Guy Smith, bringing to 9 the total of people adding new tracks last week. Although I believe this week was the first time anyone from our group has seen racing on Lac William, the track was already in the database as racing on that lake dates back over ten years.

      We have added new tracks all eight weeks of 2013. Five have reported plans to attend the scheduled ice race at Black Lake this coming Sunday.

      The group has crossed the 50 New Track Line for 2013. To date, 58 new track visits were added by 17 different TC's in 2013. Roger Ferrell paces the field with 13. That's not enough, we want more!

      The following are welcome at any time for those that would like toimprove the information already contained on their personal tracklisting:

      * Dates to listed tracks
      * Modifications to the track names currently listed
      * Information for the "Notes" column for each track visited
      * Tracks for any of the various "Non TC Classified" categories that are outside of TrackChasers group

      Information in the "Non TC Classified" categories will be updated assoon as possible, with preference always being given to the TC stats.

      *****

      ADDITIONAL 2013 TRACKS FROM WEEK 1-7 (JANUARY 1 - FEBRUARY 17)

      02/09 Allan Brown--Showtime Speedway Figure 8, FL
      02/09 Nancy Brown--Showtime Speedway Oval, FL
      02/09 Nancy Brown--Showtime Speedway Figure 8, FL
      02/10 Allan Brown--Bronson Speedway Road Circuit, FL
      02/10 Nancy Brown--Bronson Speedway Oval, FL
      02/10 Nancy Brown--Bronson Speedway Road Circuit, FL

      2013 WEEK 8 ADDITIONS (FEBRUARY 18 - FEBRUARY 24)

      Monday, February 18

      Allan Brown--Daytona International Speedway (Short Track), FL
      Nancy Brown--Daytona International Speedway (Short Track), FL
      Roger Ferrell--Daytona International Speedway (Short Track), FL
      John Moore--Daytona International Speedway (Short Track), FL

      Tuesday, February 19

      Bruce Eckel--Daytona International Speedway (Short Track), FL
      Pat Eckel--Daytona International Speedway (Short Track), FL
      Paul Weisel--Daytona International Speedway (Short Track), FL

      Saturday, February 16

      Mike Knappenberger--Lac William, QC, CAN
      Mike Knappenberger--Saint Theodore d'Acton, QC, CAN
      Guy Smith--Lac William, QC, CAN
      Guy Smith--Saint Theodore d'Acton QC, CAN

      *****

      2013 SUMMARY

      Total New Track Visits Reported--58

      Number of TrackChasers Reporting New Tracks This Year--17

      US States Visited for New Tracks--07 (FL, GA, MI, NC, NY, OK, SC)

      Canadian Provinces Visited for New Tracks--01 (QC)

      Countries Visited for New Tracks--04 (CAN, FRA, UKR, USA)

      *****

      ALL-TIME SUMMARY

      Lifetime Group Total of Reported TrackChaser New Track Visits--35,217 (+17)

      Additional "Non TC Classified Tracks"--146 (No Change)

      Different Countries in Which Members Have Seen Racing--74

      *****

      All TrackChaser group statistics are available at any time on the developmental version of my website at www.roamingtheraceways.com.

      Please report your new track visits in as timely a manneras possible so that all can enjoy and celebrate the travels of theother members of our group that share our hobby. Continue to submityour ideas for changes or improvements to my website and myYahooGroups! listserve. Thank you.