Thanks to Chris, Will and Gordy

  • Vanden Eynde Roland
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 25, 2013
      Chris, Will and Gordy,

      Thanks for all those nice things you wrote about my TrackChaser updates. It's nice to know my reports are appreciated and I'll try to continue producing them every time I add a track to my list.

      Being from a vastly different background than any other trackchaser (no native English speaker, from continental Europe and used to paved road tracks), I think it must be the exoticness of my trackchasing that appeals to many of you. I'm by no means the only trackchaser to write travelogues on the forum, Guy Smith and Will White f.i. do likewise. And I try to be as much tongue in cheek as the thoroughly missed Ed Esser was in his reports. Although he focussed on factual race things, it was great to read the dry humour contained in his reports. It's almost a year since he passed away and I think on this forum his presence is sadly missed.

      That brings me to asking more of you to write about their trackchasing. It needn't be Pulitzer Price winners, just things that might interest a non American trackchaser the same way my reports are of interest to some of you. For if there's one thing that I miss compared to most of you, it's being able to do the bulk of my trackchasing with friends. I'm the only one pursuing this hobby in continental Europe and I can only share my trackchasing with friends on those rare occasions some of you visit my part of the world or on those when I come over to the USA. In that respect, I can already tell you that I'm in the final planning stages of a trip to the Northeast of the USA and to Canada during the period July 4 - July 22. I hope to be able to meet several of you and I'll mail you my schedule in the next few weeks.

      Roland

      Visit our website! http://www.nbb.be

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 25, 2013
        Roland,

        I look forward to seeing your planned July USA/Canada schedule and
        hopefully I will be among those able to meet up with you at one or more
        tracks this summer.

        Will

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 26, 2013
          Will,

          I hope so too. In its current form, I plan to see races in QC, ON, CT, DE, PA, OH and IN. But there are still a few dark areas, which might make me change some bits. In a month or so, I'll publish my draft trip plan on the forum.