2013 TrackChaser Week 4 Summary

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2013

      (Weekly Listserve Update #109) For January, it was a big week for both new track visits by our group, and new information added to the database. An impressive 14 different members have already been to new tracks during the first month of the year. I never ceased to be amazed at the dedication of our group to the hobby. A total of 17 new track visits were added during this past week.

      No fewer than 8 new tracks were visited last weekend by Bruce Eckel, Pat Eckel, Mr. Brian Hickey, Paul Weisel, and Rick Young. TrackChasers were active in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and Quebec.

      Rick Young's visit to St-Theodore d-Acton in Quebec was the first-ever visit to that track, as was Paul Weisel's to Moree's 95/38 Paradise Raceway in South Carolina. New locations and tracks have been added to the database for both of those tracks.

      John Moore checked in with an update for the last nine months of 2012. His latest additions put him over the 900 track mark, the 12th person currently at that status in the group. Congratulations to John.

      Over 700 "Notes" were added to Roger Ferrell's track list. With complete track names, dates for nearly every track, and now Notes for each track visited, Roger has one of the most complete and attractive track lists in the group. Congratulations to Roger.

      Once again congratulations to Johnny Gibson on his prestigious award from the Sprint Car Hall of Fame.

      States visited for the first time in 2013 during the past week were Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina; which doubled our total number of states for the year to 6. Rick's visit to the Quebec increased our total number of countries this year to 3.

      The end of January summary has five people with two new tracks so far for 2013. They are: Bruce Eckel, Pat Eckel, Pam Smith, Paul Weisel, and Rick Young. To date, 19 new track visits were added by 14 different TC's in 2013. That's not enough, we want more!

      The following are welcome at any time for those that would like toimprove the information already contained on their personal tracklisting:

      * Dates to listed tracks
      * Modifications to the track names currently listed
      * Information for the "Notes" column for each track visited
      * Tracks for any of the various "Non TC Classified" categories that are outside of TrackChasers group

      Information in the "Non TC Classified" categories will be updated assoon as possible, with preference always being given to the TC stats.

      ADDITIONAL 2013 TRACKS FROM WEEK 1-3 (JANUARY 1 - JANUARY 20)

      none

      2013 WEEK 4 ADDITIONS (JANUARY 21 - JANUARY 27)

      Saturday, January 26

      Bruce Eckel--Dirt Devil's Speedway, FL
      Pat Eckel--Dirt Devil's Speedway, FL
      Paul Weisel--Moree's 95/38 Paradise Raceway, SC
      Rick Young--St-Theodore d'Acton, Quebec, Canada

      Sunday, January 27

      Bruce Eckel--Florida Sports Park, FL
      Pat Eckel--Florida Sports Park, FL
      Mr. Brian Hickey--Watermelon Capital Speedway, GA
      Paul Weisel--Watermelon Capital Speedway, GA

      ******

      2013 SUMMARY

      Total New Track Visits Reported--019

      Number of TrackChasers Reporting New Tracks This Year--14

      US States Visited for New Tracks--06 (FL, GA, MI, NY, OK, SC)

      Canadian Provinces Visited for New Tracks--01 (QC)

      Countries Visited for New Tracks--03 (CAN, UKR, USA)

      ALL-TIME SUMMARY

      Lifetime Group Total of Reported TrackChaser New Track Visits--35,178 (+17)

      Additional "Non TC Classified Tracks"--146 (No Change)

      Different Countries in Which Members Have Seen Racing--74

      *****

      All TrackChaser group statistics are available at any time on the developmental version of my website at www.roamingtheraceways.com.

      Please report your new track visits in as timely a manneras possible so that all can enjoy and celebrate the travels of theother members of our group that share our hobby. Continue to submityour ideas for changes or improvements to my website and myYahooGroups! listserve. Thank you.