Track News--North Caroliina

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 20, 2013

      For the past three years, the Iredell County Fairgrounds has had a big Winged Outlaw Kart race during the middle of the week, the week after Labor Day. I and most of the non-retired TrackChasers didn't have a good shot at seeing that one. My only hope was that they continue to have the event until after I retire.

      I saw the schedule for racing at the fair for 2013, and once again they have a big Winged Outlaw Kart race during the middle of the week after Labor Day. HOWEVER, this year they have added a second race, on Saturday, September 7. A great opportunity to see a track that has heretofore been much more difficult to see. I've added it to my schedule for the year. Hopefully others can make it as well.

      Guy Smith
      Effort, PA

    • postmanmrn
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 20, 2013
        The Winged Outlaw Karts are really taking off here in the Charlotte region. Millbridge Speedway, up out of China Grove/Salisbury has really stepped up and there are a number of regular karts here running all the time.

        They run a Wednesday night series during the summertime and many in the NASCAR industry are involved with their kids. So, I would expect to see more and more of them here in the area.

        Throw in the quarter-midgets at Bobby Labonte's place in Salsibury and all of the Legends and Bandolero racing there are a ton of small cars and there seems to be enough racers to go around.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 21, 2013
          Colin:

          Congrats on adding the Chili Bowl track to your impressive track list. To have been to over 100 tracks in over 20 different states a country on a different continent from where you live is an amazing show of dedication to the sport. I noticed that the Tulsa Expo was your first track in Oklahoma as well. Always great to hear from you.

          Steve Post:

          Very good to hear from you as well. I wish you would have the time to post to our group more often. Keep up the good work on MRN Radio. As for the Winged Outlaw Karts, I wish they would travel around a little bit more. They used to race all over the state, but since they settled in at Millbridge they only venture out for the Iredell County Fair races.