new track for me

  • Colin Casserley
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 18, 2013
      Just home from the Chili Bowl,Tulsa expo centre, a great event with
      some great racing. it's the first time that I have been there so it's
      a new track for me

      Colin Cassrrley
    • Colin Casserley
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 18, 2013
        one day I might learn to spell my own name!

        Colin CASSERLEY

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 1, 2014
          I don't get to many new tracks in the UK, but went to Lochgelly,
          Scotland on Sunday for BriSCA F1 stock cars. it's about 4 years old and
          it's a great facility.They even sell Haggis in the stadium cafe :-)

          Colin Casserley
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 1, 2014
            Colin:

            Wow, haggis at the track.  Only in Scotland!  On our recent stop to see the viking ship museum in Norway, they had whale sandwiches at the snackbar.

            Congrats on the new track.  The group has been active the past weekend, with over 30 new track visits reported already.

            I still recommend you try to get to that Tullyroan track in NI.  A good one for sure.

            Thanks for the update.

            I don't get to many new tracks in the UK, but went to Lochgelly,
            Scotland on Sunday for BriSCA F1 stock cars. it's about 4 years old and
            it's a great facility.They even sell Haggis in the stadium cafe :-)

            Colin Casserley

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
                TrackChasers-digest@yahoogroups.com
                TrackChasers-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          • Colin Casserley
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 1, 2014
              I stayed clear of the haggis, and the deep fried Pizza in the chip
              shops up there!

              I have heard Tullyroan is a good one, there is talk of the F1 stock car
              going there and the revamped track at Aghadowey next year, i hope they
              do, that will be 2 new tracks for me :-)

              30 new tracks in a weekend, is that a record?

              Colin

              I don't get to many new tracks in the UK, but went to Lochgelly,
              Scotland on Sunday for BriSCA F1 stock cars. it's about 4 years old and
              it's a great facility.They even sell Haggis in the stadium cafe
              :-)Colin Casserley------------------------------------Posted by: Colin
              Casserley
              <ccass176@...>------------------------------------Community email
              addresses: Post message: TrackChasers@yahoogroups.com Subscribe:
              TrackChasers-owner@yahoogroups.comShortcut URL to this page:
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 1, 2014
                Colin,

                I don't know what is the most tracks added in a weekend, but I'm sure this week's total in the 30's won't be a record.  If I ever have lots of extra time (in other words, it will probably never happen), I would like to go through the 3.5 years of my weekly Thursday updates on the listserve to see what the most new tracks for the past week was during that time.

                We actually lost at least seven new track visits on Sunday alone and two more during the midweek, just that I know of.  Dave and I lost two and Mike one to rain in Memphis, and Edward and Vince lost one in Vermont when no Mini Cup cars showed up to compete.  Dustin Jarrett lost his two midweek Modified shows in Texas, which would also have been new tracks.  Save those cancellations, the total for the week would be in the 40's.

                I had better get crackin on the track updates for the week, as the grass needs cutting this afternoon.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 2, 2014
                    <<Guy,can you actually lose something you never had ?>>

                    Colin:

                    Of course you can.  It appears you are only focusing on one definition of the word "lost".  You wouldn't say that you lost your watch if you never had one, as that would be using one meaning of the word.  But you would certainly say that the US lost their World Cup game to Belgium yesterday, even though that game victory was something they never had.  Most words have multiple meanings.

                    It's probably an "American" v. "British" English thing.  For us to use lost that way is normal, I think.  For example, it would not be unusual at all to read that "Lincoln Speedway lost their first three shows of 2014 to the bad weather we had this past winter".  They were planned events that did not take place, just as were the new track scores various people planned for this past weekend in Memphis, Vermont, and Texas did not take place for one reason or another.

                    Now knowing that you recorded the results for the race, I would also probably feel fairly confident about seeing the chicane course on Jersey as well, if it were me.  But as I said, the call was yours all along.  I will add it for your track list today.  A much, much larger percentage of TrackChasers love to record information and results at the races versus the entire population of race fans, that's for sure.  Nice to see it come in handy 46 years later!

                    I'm not familiar with Maurice O'Reilly but good luck in the quest to get a track list for him.  It would be great to be able to add his track list to the website, and it's good to see more and more people getting interested in working on the driver track listings.  Bobby Allison and Dick Trickle are now both in the queue to add.