2013 TrackChasers Week 2 Summary

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17, 2013
      TrackChasers:

      (Weekly Listserve Update #107) Four new race track visits were reported from the group during this past week. All four were at the same event, the first-ever race at the Kellogg Arena in Battle Creek, MI. For Allan Brown, Roger Ferrell, and Guy Smith; it was their first new track of 2013. Pam Smith is the only group member to see racing at a new track on both 2013 weekends to date.

      There are already 8 group members to have seen racing at new tracks so far this year. Looks like we are off to a good start.

      One new location and one new track were added to the database, the Kellogg Arena in Battle Creek, MI.

      Also during the past week, we gained two new subscribers to the TrackChaser listserve. Chris Tyrrel, whose 261 track list is already available for all to enjoy on my website, finally got subscribed to the listserve as well. And Dennis Michelsen, co-host of Race Talk Radio (tune in every week to hear from the industry's movers and shakers) became our latest subscriber. Dennis becomes the third "RTR" in the group with his "Race Talk Radio", joining Andy Ritter's RTR (Roaming the Rinks), and the Guy Smith, the "original RTR" (Roaming the Raceways), which has been in Area Auto Racing News since 1981. Welcome to both Chris and Dennis, feel free to post any information you think would be for the good of the group and hobby.

      As of now, I am only aware of one new track visit planned for this coming weekend. If all goes as planned, it should be a very, very special track visit. Stay tuned until we all learn how it plays out.

      Pam Smith has the most new tracks so far this year, with 2. To date, 9 new track visits were added by 8 different TC's in 2013. That's not enough, we want more!

      The following are welcome at any time for those that would like toimprove the information already contained on their personal tracklisting:

      * Dates to listed tracks
      * Modifications to the track names currently listed
      * Information for the "Notes" column for each track visited
      * Tracks for any of the various "Non TC Classified" categories that are outside of TrackChasers group

      Information in the "Non TC Classified" categories will be updated assoon as possible, with preference always being given to the TC stats.

      ADDITIONAL 2013 ADDITIONS WEEK 1 (JANUARY 1 - JANUARY 6)

      none

      2013 WEEK 2 ADDITIONS (JANUARY 7 - JANUARY 13)

      Saturday, January 12

      Allan Brown--Kellogg Arena (Indoor Concrete Oval), Battle Creek, MI
      Roger Ferrell--Kellogg Arena (Indoor Concrete Oval), Battle Creek, MI
      Guy Smith--Kellogg Arena (Indoor Concrete Oval), Battle Creek, MI
      Pam Smith--Kellogg Arena (Indoor Concrete Oval), Battle Creek, MI

      ******

      2013 SUMMARY

      Total New Track Visits Reported--009

      Number of TrackChasers Reporting New Tracks This Year--08

      US States Visited for New Tracks--02 (MI, NY)

      Canadian Provinces Visited for New Tracks--0

      Countries Visited for New Tracks--01 (USA)

      ALL-TIME SUMMARY

      Lifetime Group Total of Reported TrackChaser New Track Visits--35,159 (+4)

      Additional "Non TC Classified Tracks"--146 (No Change)

      Different Countries in Which Members Have Seen Racing--73

      *****

      All TrackChaser group statistics are available at any time on the devlopmental version of my website at www.roamingtheraceways.com.

      Please report your new track visits in as timely a manneras possible so that all can enjoy and celebrate the travels of theother members of our group that share our hobby. Continue to submityour ideas for changes or improvements to my website and myYahooGroups! listserve. Thank you.