2013 TrackChasers Week 1 Summary

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2013
      TrackChasers:

      (Weekly Listserve Update #106) Welcome to the first weekly group listserve update for 2013. Hopefully everyone in the group will have a great season of races and TrackChasing, and enjoy every minute of the year's journey.

      During the first weekend of 2013, five new track visits were added to my TrackChaser Database. All five were from the same event, the enduro races on an inner oval track at the Can Am Motorsports Park in New York. Of the seven group members present for the races, the five that added it as a new track were PJ Hollebrand, Mike Knappenberger, Bing Metz, Pam Smith, and Rick Young. Also present was Guy Smith, who had seen a race on an inner oval track at Can Am with Will White in June of 2001. When I went to add the track visits to the database earlier today, I discovered that Paul Weisel already had an inner oval track at Can Am, his visit coming in July of that same year.

      I also received some date corrections for Jack Erdmann, and those corrections have been made. You may notice slight changes to his annual totals as a result.

      The final batch of new data for this week was a complete set of "Notes" for all of Roger Ferrell's tracks. They will be added soon, hopefully before next Thursday.

      The following are welcome at any time for those that would like to improve the information already contained on their personal track listing:

      * Dates to listed tracks
      * Modifications to the track names currently listed
      * Information for the "Notes" column for each track visited
      * Tracks for any of the various "Non TC Classified" categories that are outside of TrackChasers group

      Information in the "Non TC Classified" categories will be updated assoon as possible, with preference always being given to the TC stats.

      2013 WEEK 1 ADDITIONS (JANUARY 1 - JANUARY 6)

      Sunday, January 6

      PJ Hollebrand--Can Am Motorsports Park (Inner Oval), NY
      Mike Knappenberger--Can Am Motorsports Park (Inner Oval), NY
      Bing Metz--Can Am Motorsports Park (Inner Oval), NY
      Pam Smith--Can Am Motorsports Park (Inner Oval), NY
      Rick Young--Can Am Motorsports Park (Inner Oval), NY

      ******

      2013 SUMMARY

      Total New Track Visits Reported--005

      Number of TrackChasers Reporting New Tracks This Year--05

      US States Visited for New Tracks--01 (NY)

      Canadian Provinces Visited for New Tracks--0

      Countries Visited for New Tracks--01 (USA)

      ALL-TIME SUMMARY

      Lifetime Group Total of Reported TrackChaser New Track Visits--35,155 (+5)

      Additional "Non TC Classified Tracks"--146 (No Change)

      *****

      All TrackChaser group statistics are available at any time on the devlopmental version of my website at www.roamingtheraceways.com.

      Please report your new track visits in as timely a manneras possible so that all can enjoy and celebrate the travels of theother members of our group that share our hobby. Continue to submityour ideas for changes or improvements to my website and myYahooGroups! listserve. Thank you.