2012 TrackChasers Week 52 Summary

    TrackChasers: (Weekly Listserve Update #105) A quick report today. I left my laptop charger cord at work, so I only have what is left on the battery to work
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2013

      (Weekly Listserve Update #105) A quick report today. I left my laptop charger cord at work, so I only have what is left on the battery to work with this evening. Once again five new track visits were reported during the past week, the final week of 2012.

      Guy and Pam Smith, as well as Will White, took in the Tulsa Shootout for Midgets, Mini Sprints, and Micro Sprints at the Tulsa State Fairgrounds Expo Center in Tulsa, OK. Will had an impressive month of December, getting one-third (4 of 12) of his new tracks for the year in the final month. That topped everyone for December.

      Roland Vanden Eynde added an ice race in France the week before, to give him an even 60 new tracks for 2012 in a dozen different countries.

      Gordy Killian was the first listed member of the group to get a new track in 2012, visiting Timus Speedway in Victoria, Australia on January 2. Will White was the last, at Tulsa on December 30.

      The final new track was reported by Russ Currie, who now has 197 TC tracks and is inching towards listed member status. Russ went racing on the last day of the year, taking in the indoor TQ Midgets in Providence, RI. It was Rusty's third Rhode Island track, which matches the all-time record high for anyone in the group.

      A new feature was added to my TrackChaser website. In the past, we have had geographical sub-category listing breakouts of track lists by the world (overall), country, and region. What was missing was a breakout by continent. That has now changed. What is interesting is that a different person has seen the most tracks in each of the continents: Frank Gardner in Africa, Narain Karthikeyan in Asia, Roland Vanden Eynde in Europe, Ed Esser in North America, Jack Brabham in Oceania, and Juan Pablo Montoya in South America. Feel free to check out the new feature on the website.

      Mike Knappenberger was far and away ahead of the rest of the group with the most new tracks in 2012, with 102 new tracks added. He says he is cutting back. Overall, over 40 group members added over 600 new track visits in 2012.

      Hopefully I will be able to continue to update the database and thus my website weekly, as well as post a weekly summary on this listserve. I will continue to add more information to individual track lists whenever there is time, and to add new features to my website at every opportunity to hopefully provide more fun for everyone that participates in the group.

      The following are welcome at any time for those that would like to improve the information on their personal track listing:

      * Dates to listed tracks
      * Modifications to the track names currently listed
      * Information for the "Notes" column for each track visited
      * Tracks for any of the various "Non TC Classified" categories that are outside of TrackChasers group

      Information in the "Non TC Classified" categories will be updated as soon as possible, with preference always being given to the TC stats.

      2012 WEEK 1-51 ADDITIONS (JANUARY 1 - DECEMBER 23)

      12/21 Roland Vanden Eynde--Circuit de l'Aple d'Huez, France

      Saturday, December 29

      Guy Smith--Tulsa State Fair Expo Center, OK
      Pam Smith--Tulsa State Fair Expo Center, OK

      Sunday, Demcember 30

      Will White--Tulsa State Fair Expo Center, OK

      2012 SUMMARY

      Total New Track Visits Reported--608

      Number of TrackChasers Reporting New Tracks This Year--42

      US States Visited for New Tracks--44 (AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO,CT, DE, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ,NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV)

      Canadian Provinces Visited for New Tracks--2 (ON, QC)

      Countries Visited for New Tracks--18 (AUS, BEL, BHR, BRA, CAN, CHE, CHN, COL, DEU, ESP, FRA, GBR, IRL, ITA, NLD, RUS, SWE, USA)

      Lifetime Group Total of Reported TrackChaser New Track Visits--35,150 (+4)

      Additional "Non TC Classified Tracks"--146 (+1)

      The 2012 TrackChasing season is dedicated with love and respect to the memory of Edward Jonathan Esser.

      All TrackChaser group statistics are available at any time on my website at www.roamingtheraceways.com.

      Please report your new track visits in as timely a manneras possible so that all can enjoy and celebrate the travels of theother members of our group that share our hobby. Continue to submityour ideas for changes or improvements to my website and myYahooGroups! listserve. Thank you.