2012 TrackChaser Week 51 Summary

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 27, 2012

      (Weekly Listserve Update #104) Five new track visits were added to the TrackChaser database during the past week. Four of the track visits were from races held last week, and the fifth was from the week before.

      Roger Ferrell of Indiana and Dale O'Brien of Wisconsin joined Allan and Nancy Brown of the host state of Michigan for the indoor Mini Sprint, Legends, and Mini Cup races at the Birch Run Expo Center (South Arena). My plans to join them were thwarted by bad weather between home and Michigan. The show was deemed a success, so hopefully they will race there again in the future.

      Kevin Eckert joined Paul Weisel in California the week before for the last race on the pavement at the Orange Show Speedway in San Bernadino. Kevin was not all that impressed with the racing, and did not stay to see the Figure-8 track in action.

      With only four days left in 2012, there are still five TrackChasers I expect to check in with new tracks to report before the end of the year, or at the least report late December races very early in 2013. The group will be in action until the very end of the year. We wouldn't have it any other way.

      The following are welcome at any time for those that would like to improve the information on their personal track listing:

      * Dates to listed tracks
      * Modifications to the track names currently listed
      * Information for the "Notes" column for each track visited
      * Tracks for any of the various "Non TC Classified" categories that are outside of TrackChasers group

      Information will be updated as soon as possible.

      Ourcurrent 2012 total of new track visits has jumped to 604. That's notenough, we want more!

      MikeKnappenberger has added the most new tracks so far this year, currently102.

      2012 WEEK 1-50 ADDITIONS (JANUARY 1 - DECEMBER 16)

      12/15 Kevin Eckert--Orange Show Speedway (Paved Oval), CA

      2012 WEEK 51 ADDITIONS (DECEMBER 17 - DECEMBER 23)

      Saturday, December 22

      Allan Brown--Birch Run Expo Center (South Arena), MI
      Nancy Brown--Birch Run Expo Center (South Arena), MI
      Roger Ferrell--Birch Run Expo Center (South Arena), MI
      Dale O-Brien--Birch Run Expo Center (South Arena), MI

      ******

      2012 SUMMARY

      Total New Track Visits Reported--604

      Number of TrackChasers Reporting New Tracks This Year--42

      US States Visited for New Tracks--44 (AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO,CT, DE, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ,NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV)

      Canadian Provinces Visited for New Tracks--2 (ON, QC)

      Countries Visited for New Tracks--18 (AUS, BEL, BHR, BRA, CAN, CHE, CHN, COL, DEU, ESP, FRA, GBR, IRL, ITA, NLD, RUS, SWE, USA)

      ALL-TIME SUMMARY

      Lifetime Group Total of Reported TrackChaser New Track Visits--35,146 (+5)

      Additional "Non TC Classified Tracks"--146 (+1)

      *****

      The 2012 TrackChasing season is dedicated with love and respect to the memory of Edward Jonathan Esser.

      All TrackChaser group statistics are available at any time on my website at www.roamingtheraceways.com.

      Please report your new track visits in as timely a manneras possible so that all can enjoy and celebrate the travels of theother members of our group that share our hobby. Continue to submityour ideas for changes or improvements to my website and myYahooGroups! listserve. Thank you.