2012 TrackChaser Week 50 Summary

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 20, 2012
      TrackChasers:

      (Weekly Listserve Update #103) Deep into December, and we are still adding new track visits to the TrackChaser database. This week there were five new additions: Two from the past weekend, two from earlier in December, and one Non-TC track from two decades ago.

      It was Paul Weisel Week as three of the four new tracks from this year were visited by the vintage TQ Midget driver. As expected, Paul and Bing Metz were indeed at the TQ Midget race at the 1st Mariner Arena, bring the total number of TrackChasers from our group to add that track to their TrackChasing resumes that day to 13. Paul also headed to California last week in search of some difficult to locate parts for some restoration projects he has in progress. While there, he attended the final pavement race on both the oval track and figure-8 track at the Orange Show Speedway in San Bernadino. That track has been paved since 1964, and next year will return to dirt for the first time since early that year. A good month for Paul with three new tracks.

      The other track added was an interesting Non-TC classified track variation at a famous road course. Chris Tyrell reported having been at the Bridgehampton Race Circuit in December of 1989 for a NY Region SCCA Rally Sprint event on a mixed surface road cicuit. The single car timed rally stages are not TC countable wheel-to-wheel racing, but the track was nonetheless added to Chris's interesting list of tracks outside the TC area, to be found after the end of his TC track listing.

      The following are welcome at any time for those that would like to improve the information on their personal track listing:

      * Dates to listed tracks
      * Modifications to the track names currently listed
      * Information for the "Notes" column for each track visited
      * Tracks for any of the various "Non TC Classified" categories that are outside of TrackChasers group

      Information will be updated as soon as possible.

      Ourcurrent 2012 total of new track visits has jumped to 599. That's not enough, we want more! It looks like 600 new tracks for the group this year is in the bag, as several more known race visits are planned.

      MikeKnappenberger has added the most new tracks so far this year, currently102.

      2012 WEEK 1-49 ADDITIONS (JANUARY 1 - DECEMBER 9)

      12/08 Bing Metz--1st Mariner Arena, MD
      12/08 Paul Weisel--1st Mariner Arena, MD

      2012 WEEK 49 ADDITIONS (DECEMBER 3 - DECEMBER 9)

      Saturday, December 15

      Paul Weisel--Orange Show Speedway Paved Oval, CA
      Paul Weisel--Orange Show Speedway Paved Figure-8, CA

      ******

      2012 SUMMARY

      Total New Track Visits Reported--599

      Number of TrackChasers Reporting New Tracks This Year--42

      US States Visited for New Tracks--44 (AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO,CT, DE, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ,NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV)

      Canadian Provinces Visited for New Tracks--2 (ON, QC)

      Countries Visited for New Tracks--18 (AUS, BEL, BHR, BRA, CAN, CHE, CHN, COL, DEU, ESP, FRA, GBR, IRL, ITA, NLD, RUS, SWE, USA)

      ALL-TIME SUMMARY

      Lifetime Group Total of Reported TrackChaser New Track Visits--35,141 (+4)

      Additional "Non TC Classified Tracks"--146 (+1)

      *****

      The 2012 TrackChasing season is dedicated with love and respect to the memory of Edward Jonathan Esser.

      All TrackChaser group statistics are available at any time on my website at www.roamingtheraceways.com.

      Please report your new track visits in as timely a manneras possible so that all can enjoy and celebrate the travels of theother members of our group that share our hobby. Continue to submityour ideas for changes or improvements to my website and myYahooGroups! listserve. Thank you.