No FSAQ / QAS Ice Race Series This Winter :(

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 17, 2012
      (Translated from French to English by a free online translation program. I'm sure you will get the gist of it)--Guy

      Quebec waives Auto Sport its ice racing championship 2013

      In the winter of 2010, FSAQ (now Quebec Auto Sport) organized a race on ice in St-Armand, on Lake Champlain. The goal was to raise a championship that was very popular until the early 2000s. In 2011 and 2012, we organized championships three races.

      Unfortunately, the weather and the amount disastrous disappointing registered drivers have caused significant financial losses. Climate change seen in recent years, we suggest that our winters continue to soften, and ice conditions on our lake are always precarious. Especially around Montreal where we concentrated our activities.

      It is with regret that we have decided to give our ice racing championship in 2013. However, if an independent promoter or an affiliated club wants to organize one or more events that meet our safety, we would be happy to discuss.

      We thank those who have supported us over the past three years: drivers, officials, volunteers and all the partners who have supported these events.