2012 TrackChasers Week 49 Summary

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 13, 2012

      (Weekly Listserve Update #102) With the first-ever race at the 1st Mariner Center in Baltimore, MD last weekend, eleven new track visits were added by the group, certainly a very high number for any weekend in December. All the new track visits were from the race in Baltimore. With the group members spread out over such a large area, it is always nice when such a large number of us can get to enjoy a new track and racing program together. See the weekly update below for the list of who added the track.

      The following are welcome at any time for those that would like to improve the information on their personal track listing:

      * Dates to listed tracks
      * Modifications to the track names currently listed
      * Information for the "Notes" column for each track visited
      * Tracks for any of the various "Non TC Classified" categories that are outside of TrackChasers group

      Information will be updated as soon as possible.

      Ourcurrent 2012 total of new track visits has jumped to 595. That's not enough, we want more! Will we make it to 600 this year? We only need five more new track visits in the second half of Decmeber. I'd say it's looking good. I personally know of nine more new track visits that are still planned for 2012, among seven different TrackChasers. There are very likely even more planned. MikeKnappenberger has added the most new tracks so far this year, currently102.

      2012 WEEK 1-48 ADDITIONS (JANUARY 1 - DECEMBER 2)

      none

      2012 WEEK 49 ADDITIONS (DECEMBER 3 - DECEMBER 9)

      Saturday, December 8

      Allan Brown--1st Mariner Center, MD
      Nancy Brown--1st Mariner Center, MD
      Dwight Bucks--1st Mariner Center, MD
      Bruce Eckel--1st Mariner Center, MD
      Pat Eckel--1st Mariner Center, MD
      Roger Ferrell--1st Mariner Center, MD
      Mike Knappenberger--1st Mariner Center, MD
      Guy Smith--1st Mariner Center, MD
      Pam Smith--1st Mariner Center, MD
      Chris Tyrrel--1st Mariner Center, MD
      Will White--1st Mariner Center, MD

      ******

      2012 SUMMARY

      Total New Track Visits Reported--595

      Number of TrackChasers Reporting New Tracks This Year--42

      US States Visited for New Tracks--44 (AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO,CT, DE, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ,NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV)

      Canadian Provinces Visited for New Tracks--2 (ON, QC)

      Countries Visited for New Tracks--18 (AUS, BEL, BHR, BRA, CAN, CHE, CHN, COL, DEU, ESP, FRA, GBR, IRL, ITA, NLD, RUS, SWE, USA)

      ALL-TIME SUMMARY

      Lifetime Group Total of Reported TrackChaser New Track Visits--35,137 (+11)

      Additional "Non TC Classified Tracks"--145 (no change)

      *****

      The 2012 TrackChasing season is dedicated with love and respect to the memory of Edward Jonathan Esser.

      All TrackChaser group statistics are available at any time on my website at www.roamingtheraceways.com.

      Please report your new track visits in as timely a manneras possible so that all can enjoy and celebrate the travels of theother members of our group that share our hobby. Continue to submityour ideas for changes or improvements to my website and myYahooGroups! listserve. Thank you.