2012 TrackChasers Week 48 Summary

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2012

      (Weekly Listserve Update #101) During the past week it was an even split as I added two track visits to the TrackChaser database and deleted two visits. During the past two weeks, I was working with Kevin Eckert to get his track list up to date, complete, and accurate so that his records for his tracks matched what is displayed on my website. Last week I added the missing tracks, of which there were eight. While going through the track list, Kevin asked that I delete Dog Hollow, PA as he didn't think he saw any actual racing there. He also pointed out that there were two San Jose, CA tracks counted for him, but he only saw motorcycles race on the outer track and he didn't know if that should be on there. I removed both and his track list is now good to go and complete.

      Two track visits were also added. The amazing Will White added two tracks in Colombia last weekend. It was the 17th straight year that he has been to racing in at least one new country. I am proud to say I was with him when the streak began, in 1996 in Jamaica. Since then, he has been to racing in new countries in: 1997 Guyana; 1998 United Kingdom; 1999 Ireland; 2000 Mexico; 2001 Belgium; 2002 Malta; 2003 France & Luxembourg; 2004 Guatemala; 2005 Dominican Republic, Norway, Denmark, Switzerland, Netherlands, and Germany; 2006 Bahrain; 2007 Costa Rica; 2008 Andorra & Spain; 2009 Iceland; 2010 Australia; 2011 New Zealand; 2012 Colombia. I can't wait to see where Will will end up in 2013.

      Colombia was the 18th different country visited for racing by someone from our group this year.

      Next week there should be quite a few new track visits recorded as many of us will be in Baltimore this Saturday night for the TQ Midgets. Can't wait!

      The following are welcome at any time for those that would like to improve the information on their personal track listing:

      * Dates to listed tracks
      * Modifications to the track names currently listed
      * Information for the "Notes" column for each track visited
      * Tracks for any of the various "Non TC Classified" categories that are outside of TrackChasers group

      Information will be updated as soon as possible.

      Ourcurrent 2012 total of new track visits has increased to 584. That's not enough, we want more! Will we make it to 600 this year? I'd say it's looking good! MikeKnappenberger has added the most new tracks so far this year, currently101.

      2012 WEEK 1-47 ADDITIONS (JANUARY 1 - NOVEMBER 25)

      none

      2012 WEEK 48 ADDITIONS (NOVEMBER 26 - DECEMBER 3)

      Sunday, December 2

      Will White--Autodromo de Tocancipa (paved road circuit), Tocancipa, Colombia
      Will White--Autodromo de Tocancipa (dirt off-road circuit), Tocancipa, Colombia

      ******

      2012 SUMMARY

      Total New Track Visits Reported--584

      Number of TrackChasers Reporting New Tracks This Year--42

      US States Visited for New Tracks--44 (AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO,CT, DE, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ,NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV)

      Canadian Provinces Visited for New Tracks--2 (ON, QC)

      Countries Visited for New Tracks--18 (AUS, BEL, BHR, BRA, CAN, CHE, CHN, COL, DEU, ESP, FRA, GBR, IRL, ITA, NLD, RUS, SWE, USA)

      ALL-TIME SUMMARY

      Lifetime Group Total of Reported TrackChaser New Track Visits--35,126 (+2 / -2 net 0)

      Additional "Non TC Classified Tracks"--145 (no change)

      *****

      The 2012 TrackChasing season is dedicated with love and respect to the memory of Edward Jonathan Esser.

      All TrackChaser group statistics are available at any time on my website at www.roamingtheraceways.com.

      Please report your new track visits in as timely a manneras possible so that all can enjoy and celebrate the travels of theother members of our group that share our hobby. Continue to submityour ideas for changes or improvements to my website and myYahooGroups! listserve. Thank you.