USCS Sprints At Atlanta

  • Bruce Eckel
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2012
      USCS Sprint Cars To Debut At AMS
      HAMPTON, Ga. - For the first time in Atlanta Motor Speedway history, sprint-car racing will take to the track as part of the speedway's fifth-annual Labor Day weekend date on the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series schedule, Aug. 30-Sept. 1, 2013.

      The 54th-annual AdvoCare 500 on Sunday night, Sept. 1 will highlight the yearly stop at the 1.54-mile speedway for NASCAR's top two series during the Labor Day weekend. Kicking off the biggest Labor Day Party in the USA will be NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Pole Qualifying on Friday night, Aug. 30, in addition to a United Sprint Car Series race that evening.

      This will be the first time that the lightning-fast Sprint Cars will race at the speedway. Saturday night, Aug. 31 will feature 300 miles of racing from the NASCAR Nationwide Series.

      "We are excited to host another year of great racing here at Atlanta Motor Speedway," said Ed Clark, Atlanta Motor Speedway President and General Manager. "2013 will mark our fifth year of hosting the biggest Labor Day Party in the USA with the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, and our Thursday Thunder and Friday Night Drags seasons providing affordable, local racing each week."

      The Thursday Thunder Legends racing series returns with eight weeks of action on the quarter-mile "Thunder Ring." The series will run each Thursday night from June 6-July 25.