2012 TrackChasers Week 47 Summary

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2012

      (Weekly Listserve Update #100) It's been 100 weeks since I was once again given the honor of being the keeper of the TrackChasing lists for our group. Of the many changes, additions, and improvements, I am most proud to say that I have provided an update for everyone via this listserve each and every single one of those 100 weeks. Quite a far cry from the early years, when I would compile and send a season summary booklet only at the end of each season. Then Will White took the group stats on-line and it's been slow but steady and controlled progress ever since. How far we've come...

      This week I added a dozen new track visits to the TrackChaser Database. Kevin Eckert, award-winning racing journalist and owner of www.sprintcarstats.com, sent in a list of eight tracks to add in an effort to get his track list completely up-to-date. Kevin is closing in on 500 different tracks, and very few were visited without seeing Midgets, Sprints, Super Modifieds, or Champ Cars.

      Roland Vanden Eynde took in the Brazilian Grand Prix at Interlagos, in Sao Paulo. 2012 is the 13th straight year that Roland has been to racing in a first-time-for-him country. It became Roland's 51st different country to see races, just an incredible, incredible accomplishment in a group that tends to do some pretty incredible traveling.

      Brazil was the 17th different country visited for racing by someone from our group this year.

      Roger "The King of Indiana" Ferrell hosted several other TrackChasers in his home state last Saturday for an inner off-road oval autocross race at Union County Speedway. Guy and Pam Smith were among those that joined him. All of us had a short, but nice, afternoon at the races.

      We also added a new person to the listserve group this week.

      It may be nearly December, but the racing season is not over for any of the five that reported new tracks last week! The number of TrackChasers now expected at Baltimore is over a dozen, as word reached me today that Gordy Killian is going to try to join us that evening as well. Most of us will be taking the direct route, but Will White will as usual travel a different route, to Baltimore via South America. Best for a great trip, Will. Looking forward to seeing everyone in Baltimore.

      The following are welcome at any time for those that would like to improve the information on their personal track listing:

      * Dates to listed tracks
      * Modifications to the track names currently listed
      * Information for the "Notes" column for each track visited
      * Tracks for any of the various "Non TC Classified" categories that are outside of TrackChasers group

      Information will be updated as soon as possible.

      Ourcurrent 2012 total of new track visits has increased to 582. That's not enough, we want more! Will we make it to 600 this year? Could still go either way. MikeKnappenberger has added the most new tracks so far this year, currently101.

      2012 WEEK 1-46 ADDITIONS (JANUARY 1 - NOVEMBER 18)

      none

      2012 WEEK 47 ADDITIONS (NOVEMBER 19 - NOVEMBER 25)

      Saturday, November 24

      Roger Ferrell--Union County Speedway (Inner), IN
      Guy Smith--Union County Speedway (Inner), IN
      Pam Smith--Union County Speedway (Inner), IN
      Roland Vanden Eynde--Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace, SP, Brazil

      ******

      2012 SUMMARY

      Total New Track Visits Reported--582

      Number of TrackChasers Reporting New Tracks This Year--42

      US States Visited for New Tracks--44 (AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO,CT, DE, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ,NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV)

      Canadian Provinces Visited for New Tracks--2 (ON, QC)

      Countries Visited for New Tracks--17 (AUS, BEL, BHR, BRA, CAN, CHE, CHN, DEU, ESP, FRA, GBR, IRL, ITA, NLD, RUS, SWE, USA)

      ALL-TIME SUMMARY

      Lifetime Group Total of Reported TrackChaser New Track Visits--35,126 (+12)

      Additional "Non TC Classified Tracks"--145 (no change)

      *****

      The 2012 TrackChasing season is dedicated with love and respect to the memory of Edward Jonathan Esser.

      All TrackChaser group statistics are available at any time on my website at www.roamingtheraceways.com.

      Please report your new track visits in as timely a manneras possible so that all can enjoy and celebrate the travels of theother members of our group that share our hobby. Continue to submityour ideas for changes or improvements to my website and myYahooGroups! listserve. Thank you.