New Track News--Kansas

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 26, 2012

      The 2013 Grand Am Rolex Series sports cars shows a date on a 2.37 mile speedway road course at the Kansas Speedway. Apparently they are putting a second track in at that facility. It's scheduled for August 16-17.

      I can pretty much guarantee that I won't be able to make that one, but hopefully someone will be able to make it.

    • Timothy Frost
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 26, 2012
        The addition of the road course was part of the redesign of the lower part
        of the oval track at Kansas Speedway

        http://www.grand-am.com/tabid/141/article/52826/GRAND-AM-Sets-First-Open-Test-At-Kansas-Speedway-Road-Circuit.aspx

        http://www.racer.com/grand-am-teams-pleased-with-new-kansas-road-course/article/265806/

        On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 6:42 PM, <RTRYFBAR@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > TrackChasers:
        >
        > The 2013 Grand Am Rolex Series sports cars shows a date on a 2.37 mile
        > speedway road course at the Kansas Speedway. Apparently they are putting a
        > second track in at that facility. It's scheduled for August 16-17.
        >
        > I can pretty much guarantee that I won't be able to make that one, but
        > hopefully someone will be able to make it.
        >
        > Guy Smith

        Timothy W. Frost
        President / Publisher
        Frost Motorsports, LLC / National Speedway Directory
        909 Seneca Road
        Wilmette, IL 60091
        (847) 853-0294 (w)
        (847) 778-9475 (c)