2012 TrackChasers Week 46 Summary

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 22, 2012

      (Weekly Listserve Update #99) Happy Thanksgiving day from Guy and Pam to all our racing friends from around the US and around the world. During the past week we added ten new track visits among six different people to the TrackChaser database. The amazing stat for this week was that eight of the ten new tracks added were in the state of Texas.

      The "First Couple of TrackChasing", Allan and Nancy Brown, led the way with three new tracks each. Two of their three new tracks were in Texas, and one in New Mexico.

      Sprintcarstats.com owner Kevin "The Sleaze" Eckert also added a new dirt track in Texas, on a journey that will take him all the way to the Pacific.

      At that same event, Steve Kinser made his first start ever at the track, his fourth new track to race on this year.

      And at the Formula One US Grand Prix at the new "Circuit of the America's" in Austin, Narain Karthkeyan competed in the event, while Mario Andretti was conspicuous in victory lane wearing a cowboy hat.

      For both project drivers Karthekeyan and Andretti, it was the first new track of the year, bringing the total for the year to 42 different TrackChasers that have added a new track in 2012.

      Expect to see a couple of exciting international trips coming up for a couple of our TrackChasing friends before the season ends.

      The following are welcome at any time for those that would like to improve the information on their personal track listing:

      * Dates to listed tracks
      * Modifications to the track names currently listed
      * Information for the "Notes" column for each track visited
      * Tracks for any of the various "Non TC Classified" categories that are outside of TrackChasers group

      Information will be updated as soon as possible.

      Ourcurrent 2012 total of new track visits has increased to 578. That's not enough, we want more! Will we make it to 600 this year? Could go either way. Mike Knappenberger has added the most new tracks so far this year, currently 101.

      2012 WEEK 1-45 ADDITIONS (JANUARY 1 - NOVEMBER 11)

      November 9 Allan Brown--El Paso Speedway Park, TX
      November 9 Nancy Brown--El Paso Speedway Park, TX
      November 9 Kevin Eckert--El Paso Speedway Park, TX
      November 9 Steve Kinser--El Paso Speedway Park, TX
      November 10 Allan Brown--Southern New Mexico Speedway, NM
      November 10 Nancy Brown--Southern New Mexico Speedway, NM

      2012 WEEK 46 ADDITIONS (NOVEMBER 12 - NOVEMBER18)

      Thursday, November 15

      Allan Brown--Royal Purple Raceway, TX
      Nancy Brown--Royal Purple Raceway, TX

      Sunday, November 18

      Mario Andretti--Circuit of the Americas, TX
      Narain Karthekeyan--Circuit of the Americas, TX

      ******

      2012 SUMMARY

      Total New Track Visits Reported--578

      Number of TrackChasers Reporting New Tracks This Year--42

      US States Visited for New Tracks--44 (AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO,CT, DE, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ,NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV)

      Canadian Provinces Visited for New Tracks--2 (ON, QC)

      Countries Visited for New Tracks--16 (AUS, BEL, BHR, CAN, CHE, CHN, DEU, ESP, FRA, GBR, IRL, ITA, NLD, RUS, SWE, USA)

      ALL-TIME SUMMARY

      Lifetime Group Total of Reported TrackChaser New Track Visits--35,114 (+10)

      Additional "Non TC Classified Tracks"--145 (no change)

      *****

      The 2012 TrackChasing season is dedicated with love and respect to the memory of Edward Jonathan Esser.

      All TrackChaser group statistics are available at any time on my website at www.roamingtheraceways.com.

      Please report your new track visits in as timely a manneras possible so that all can enjoy and celebrate the travels of theother members of our group that share our hobby. Continue to submityour ideas for changes or improvements to my website and myYahooGroups! listserve. Thank you.