2012 TrackChasers Week 45 Summary

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 15, 2012

      (Weekly Listserve Update #98) No new tracks added this week, as racing transitions from the outdoor season to the indoor and ice racing seasons.

      Did get an email today from member and Hawkeye Racing News columnist Ron Rodda, saying that the Orange Show Stadium in California, which had been closed all year, will be opening for one final race on the famed paved oval. Then for 2013, it will become a dirt track. Wish I could go, as my planned race was cancelled at that track a few years ago.

      The following are welcome at any time for those that would like to improve the information on their personal track listing:

      * Dates to listed tracks
      * Modifications to the track names currently listed
      * Information for the "Notes" column for each track visited
      * Tracks for any of the various "Non TC Classified" categories that are outside of TrackChasers group

      Information will be updated as soon as possible.

      Ourcurrent 2012 total remains at 568. The season is winding down. That's not enough, we want more! Mike Knappenberger has added the most new tracks so far this year, currently 101.

      2012 WEEK 1-44 ADDITIONS (JANUARY 1 - NOVEMBER 4)

      none

      2012 WEEK 45 ADDITIONS (NOVEMBER 5 - NOVEMBER11)

      none

      ******

      2012 SUMMARY

      Total New Track Visits Reported--568

      Number of TrackChasers Reporting New Tracks This Year--40

      US States Visited for New Tracks--44 (AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO,CT, DE, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ,NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV)

      Canadian Provinces Visited for New Tracks--2 (ON, QC)

      Countries Visited for New Tracks--16 (AUS, BEL, BHR, CAN, CHE, CHN, DEU, ESP, FRA, GBR, IRL, ITA, NLD, RUS, SWE, USA)

      ALL-TIME SUMMARY

      Lifetime Group Total of Reported TrackChaser New Track Visits--35,104 (no change)

      Additional "Non TC Classified Tracks"--145 (no change)

      *****

      The 2012 TrackChasing season is dedicated with love and respect to the memory of Edward Jonathan Esser.

      All TrackChaser group statistics are available at any time on my website at www.roamingtheraceways.com.

      Please report your new track visits in as timely a manneras possible so that all can enjoy and celebrate the travels of theother members of our group that share our hobby. Continue to submityour ideas for changes or improvements to my website and myYahooGroups! listserve. Thank you.

    • Timothy Frost
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 15, 2012
        Greetings:

        Anyone making the trip to Circuit of the America's this weekend?

        It looks like a pretty amazing place.

        Regards,

        Tim Frost

      • Paul Weisel
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 15, 2012
          And this 'one final race on the famed paved oval' at the Orange Show
          will be conducted, when? PW

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 16, 2012
            Paul--

            It doesn't say in the release. That's still to be determined apparently (see the very bottom). I'll copy the press release that Ron Rodda sent me below. Hopefully the format will remain semi readable. --Guy

            ***

            DIRT ENTERTAINMENT BRINGS CLAY TO ORANGE SHOW STADIUM!

            (San Bernardino, CA, November 14, 2012)
            Dirt Entertainment has just finalized an agreement to bring racing back to one of Southern California’s premier racing facilities. The Orange Show Stadium in downtown San Bernardino, California, home of some of the finest short track racing on the West Coast will be re-opened at the end of 2012 for one final race as a pavement facility, and to keep the streak of continued racing at the historic quarter mile oval alive in the record books. However, as soon as the final checkered flag falls to end the season, several loads of clay will be delivered to the fairgrounds to transform the popular family raceway into a mud-slinging thrill factory.
            Although an official schedule has not been released at the time of this release, series promoter and former sprint car pilot Scott Burns states that he has a variety of divisions and racing events planned for new clay raceway. The upcoming 2013 season will most likely kick off in the spring with an open wheel double-header featuring Unlimited Sprint Cars and Full Midgets. Burns confirmed that short-term plans are to hold events at Orange Show Speedway in conjunction with the Route 66 Motorplex, an action-packed, banked 3/8 mile clay oval located at the San Bernardino Fairgrounds that is also operated by Dirt Entertainment, to allow racers the opportunity to race for a season championship split between the two venues.
            Looking further down the road, Scott Burns stated that he has been in contact with other promoters, local car owners, drivers, and sponsors in hopes of creating interest among other West Coast tracks to create a healthy organization of racers and track operators working together to bring as much dirt track racing to Southern California possible and in hopes of strengthening the grass roots racing community by spreading his series to other clay ovals up and down the Coast of California.
            A schedule is expected to be released within the next few weeks, and a date for the first, only and last event in 2012 will be announced in a matter of days.
            For more information, please email scott@... or steve@....