Re: [TrackChasers] Update For Me

  • BHICKEYJR@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 32 , Nov 8, 2012
      Glad to meet up with Bruce and Pat Eckel at the F-8 races at the Susquehanna Speedway in PA.
      On Sunday I found myself driving past the home of the infamous "Man of Steel", on my way to watch the junk car races at the Pagoda Motorcycle Club.
      Guy, if i would have known you were attending the event i would tried to search you out from the large crowd that was on hand.Looks like a good time was
      being had by all.

      Thanks
      Brian

      From: BHICKEYJR@...
      Sender: TrackChasers@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 20:32:01
      To: <TrackChasers@yahoogroups.com>

      On my way out to San Diego on Sat I had decided to go to Toccoa Speedway in Ga
      for their weekly show. Since they no longer have a web site, they make
      anouncements on their forum. Their info as of Fri eve was racing on Sat. I
      checked on Sat aft to find races were cacelled do to flooding from the storms on
      Friday. At least they are open this year.
      Plan B has me head on over to Eastaboga Al. to catch the racing action at the
      Talladega Short Track. I arrived in time for the begining of time trials for the
      super latemodels with 23 on hand and multipule heats for the crate latemodels
      16, sportsman 18,street stocks 9 and their 4cyl div 24. Nice to see the good car
      counts, good sized crowd onhand for a well run show.

      From: RPMGORDY@...

      Sender: TrackChasers@yahoogroups.com

      Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 09:44:55

      To: <TrackChasers@yahoogroups.com>

      Julian,

      We DO care. One of the best parts of this deal is the telling of

      stories to any and all that will hear them. I wish I had more time to do so.

      Never be intimidated by some of the numbers or believe your own numbers

      aren't worthy. So many times the good bench racing to, from and at the track is

      better than the actual racing. I hope you get to share a road trip with any

      of us some day to see what I mean. This past weekend was proof of what I

      say. On the way to champkart hell at NHIS, Guy, Mike and I got to enjoy a

      nice show at the Waterford Speedbowl and raise the tide in the sea of sarcasm

      as we watched the Granite State Kart Club stumble and bumble their way

      through their program while lamenting "a little bad luck".The confusion brought

      about by malfunctioning transponders was as comical as it was ridiculous.

      Why, they had to actually score the racing by hand with real people. The

      Horror! I wonder how racing survived all these years doing just that. No

      matter how much we see, we will never see it all. Adios.

      Gordy

      In a message dated 4/13/2012 4:11:05 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

      kidroberts@... writes:

      I haven't posted on here in a while, but I figured I'd let everyone know

      what I have been doing...if anyone cares.

      Last year I made it to 52 Races, 22 Tracks, and 6 States. That was a

      personable best for me and I COULD have made 60 if I wanted. This year, I have

      made it to two races, two tracks, and two states. I should be adding number

      three in each category later on today. I consider myself more of a race

      chaser, but I do like adding new tracks as well!

      - Julian

    • Brian
      Message 32 of 32 , Nov 22, 2012
        Hi all
        I had everything in order as of Friday to attend my 2nd Turkey Night Gran Prix. Well Monday brought disappointment as all the planed work, to make this trip happen, did not materialize. Just making my way back to New England, thru the nations heartland, without a new track.
        Oh well, there's always next year.

        Happy thanksgiving to all

        Brian