2012 TrackChasers Week 43 Summary

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2012

      (Weekly Listserve Update #96) During the past week, 11 new track visits were added. All eleven visits were from 2012, and ten of the eleven from the past week. Once again this week, no new locations or tracks were added. The new tracks brought our group total for the year to 550.

      Mike Knappenberger added three news tracks last weekend, and crossed the finish line to accomplish his goal of 100 new track visits in 2012. Congratulations to Mike, who joins a very small list of those that have visited over 100 new tracks in a single season. The seven to have reached 100 new tracks in a year while part of our group are: Andy Sivi, Ed Esser, Randy Lewis, Mike Knappenberger, Roland Vanden Eynde, Bing Metz, and Paul Weisel.

      Guy Smith accompanied Mike and saw racing at the same three new tracks as Mike. Brian Hickey was out in California and stopped to see two new tracks while there. And Vince Sadowski added a new track in Mississippi as he makes his annual migration south for the winter.

      The other two new track visits were for TC project drivers David Brabham and Emanuele Pirro, discovered by TC research group member Roland Vanden Eynde.

      Brian Hickey pointed out that Bing Metz got a new track in Maryland over the Labor Day weekend. That makes 44 of the 50 states visited for a new track this year. The only ones missed were Alaska, Hawaii, Rhode Island, and three states from the Northwest.

      The new track in China by David Brabham made him the 40th person to add a new track in 2012, the 15th consecutive year that at least 40 have added at least one new track. And the track in China was a first for the year, the 16th different country where new tracks were visited.

      The following are welcome at any time for those that would like to improve the information on their personal track listing:

      * Dates to listed tracks
      * Modifications to the track names currently listed
      * Information for the "Notes" column for each track visited
      * Tracks for any of the various "Non TC Classified" categories that are outside of TrackChasers group

      Information will be updated as soon as possible.

      The 11 new 2012 tracks added during the past week have increased our current 2012 total to an even 550. That's not enough, we want more! Mike Knappenberger has added the most new tracks so far this year, currently 101.

      2012 WEEK 1-42 ADDITIONS (JANUARY 1 - OCTOBER 21)

      06/24 Emanuele Pirro--Circuit Urba de Valencia, ESP

      2012 WEEK 43 ADDITIONS (OCTOBER 22 - OCTOBER 28)

      Friday, October 26

      Brian Hickey--Kings Speedway, CA

      Saturday, October 27

      Brian Hickey--Buttonwillow Speedway, CA
      Mike Knappenberger--Bartholomew County Fairgrounds Inner Oval, IN
      Mike Knappenberger--Bi State Speedway, IN
      Mike Knappenberger--Union County Speedway, IN
      Vince Sadowski--Magnolia Motor Speedway, MS
      Guy Smith--Bartholomew County Fairgrounds Inner Oval, IN
      Guy Smith--Bi State Speedway, IN
      Guy Smith--Union County Speedway, IN

      Sunday, October 28

      David Brabham--Shanghi International Circuit, China

      ******

      2012 SUMMARY

      Total New Track Visits Reported--550

      Number of TrackChasers Reporting New Tracks This Year--40

      US States Visited for New Tracks--44 (AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO,CT, DE, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ,NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV)

      Canadian Provinces Visited for New Tracks--2 (ON, QC)

      Countries Visited for New Tracks--16 (AUS, BEL, BHR, CAN, CHE, CHN, DEU, ESP, FRA, GBR, IRL, ITA, NLD, RUS, SWE, USA)

      ALL-TIME SUMMARY

      Lifetime Group Total of Reported TrackChaser New Track Visits--35,086 (+11)

      Additional "Non TC Classified Tracks"--145 (no change)

      *****

      The 2012 TrackChasing season is dedicated with love and respect to the memory of Edward Jonathan Esser.

      All TrackChaser group statistics are available at any time on my website at www.roamingtheraceways.com.

      Please report your new track visits in as timely a manneras possible so that all can enjoy and celebrate the travels of theother members of our group that share our hobby. Continue to submityour ideas for changes or improvements to my website and myYahooGroups! listserve. Thank you.