Chump Car 2013 Schedule

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2012

      The 2013 Chump Car schedule has been released and is available on their website.

      The most interesting new race is in November at the Atlanta Motorsports Park. I am pretty sure this is the road course in Dawsonville, not the one at Atlanta Motor Speedway or at Road Atlanta, both of which have been previously visited by Chump Car.

      The track that I most lament the loss of is the Grand Bend Raceway. I should have listened to Mike and us go there after Middle Road Speedway in mid September. Also gone from the schedule is Iowa Speedway and Pikes Peak, both of which I was interested in attending. At least Michigan International and Gateway are still on the schedule, two others I would like to see. A track that might be of interest to some is the road circuit at the Autodrome Saint Eustache. I've been to that one, but I don't see too many opportunities to see car racing on it these days.

      Check out the schedule yourself to see which tracks are of most interest to you.

      Guy Smith

      PS: On a personal note, I'm still at home today, and will be again tomorrow. School has been canceled for five straight days due to the hurricane and its devastating effects on the city of Bethlehem. I have not been out of the house since coming home from Union County Speedway last Sunday. I also heard from Bruce and Pat today. They live in the city right next to Bethlehem. They have been without electricity since Monday, and were told they probably would not get power back until sometime next week. A minute ago I tried to call Rick Schneider, who lives on Long Island which was particularly badly hit, but I did not get an answer.