Re: [TrackChasers] Track #228

  • Brian
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 1, 2012
      Magnolia has been on my hit list for a while now,maybe. Ext year.
      Firebird runs countable racing quite often all year long,that could always be an option.
      Enjoy your trip

      Brian

      On Oct 31, 2012, at 7:45 AM, Towbarsunlimited@... wrote:

      > Attended the Cotton Pickin 100 at the Magnolia Motor Speedway this past
      > weekend. There were 63 super late models on hand for the $15,000 to win
      > feature Sat night. Also ran crate lates, mini stock and street stock.
      > It is probably the nicest dirt track I have ever been to. Unfortunately
      > there was very little passing. Jimmy Owens started on the pole with Billy
      > Moyer 2nd and that is pretty much the way it was for 100 laps. The guy that
      > finished 3rd using the top side did come from a ways back.
      > Going to be hard to get any new tracks as I will be in AZ for the winter.
      > Vince

    • Brian
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 1, 2012
        I must be loosing my touch, I can not seem to find anything for this weekend between OK City and NY. I'll try to monitor my short wave radio for some of those illusive activities

        Lately it seems I need all the help I can get.
        Brian

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 1, 2012
          Brian:

          Susquehanna, PA has a Figure-8 race on Saturday, and Pagoda, PA has the junk car races on Sunday. There is an indoor Mini Sprint race in Flint, MI.

          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 1, 2012
            Thanks for the info Guy

            If anyone is headed up to the races in Flint Mi this weekend that may be passing thru OH. And would not mind a passenger let me know.
            If I can not make the Flint Mi. race ,then I will try for both of the Pa races that Guy was kind enough to post.

            Thanks
            Brian

            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 1, 2012
              Brian:

              Glad I could help someone out while I sit here for the entire week. The only one I know of for sure that is going to the Flint race is Allan Brown. By the way, the race is at the Perani Arena & Event Center.

              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 1, 2012

                We lucked out back home mostly beach erosion and downed limbs and power lines. We only lost power for about 8hrs. Hope everyone your way makes out ok.

                It would be around 280 miles out of route ,I don't think I can hide that kind of extra mileage.
                If I head over to pa for Sunday's race, I'll have to get some directions over to Pagotta.

                Brian

                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 1, 2012
                  Brian:

                  Here's the address and phone number of Pagoda. Make sure you confirm that the event has not been canceled. Reading and that area was hit hard enough that Mike's work was closed Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.

                  441 Red Line Road
                  Birdsboro, PA 19508
                  610-582-3717

                  If you are going to Susquehanna look for Bruce and Pat. They told me today that they are headed there for the figure 8 race too. If you go to Susky, you have all the time in the world to find Pagoda, as they are less than an hour and a half apart.

                  Rick Schneider called me. He said they got a lot of wind, but not a lot of water where he lives, so he made out pretty well as he was expecting water in his basement and it stayed dry. His electricity was off from Monday until today, but it's back on now.

                  Rick wants to go to the race in Michigan, but can't get gas in his area and doesn't have enough to get where he needs to go to get outside the gas shortage zone. He was going to start calling truck stops to see who has gas so he can fill up. Knowing Rick, he will make it.

                  Good luck to everyone this weekend, whatever you set out to do.