2012 TrackChasers Week 41 Summary

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2012

      (Weekly Listserve Update #94) There were 12 new track visits reported for last week, in seven US states by four TrackChasers. New track visits were reported on five of the seven days, quite surprising for the middle of October. There were no new track locations or tracks added to the database this week, as all 12 of the tracks visited were already included.

      Roland Vanden Eynde traveled from Belgium to the US to travel and attend races with Mike Knappenberger. When the group's top two TrackChasers of the year team up, you would expect a productive weekend would be forthcoming. It was. Roland went to five new tracks in four different states in four days, plus lost a race to a late cancellation in another state as well. The race in Arkansas was his first visit in that state. Roland has now seen races in 37 of the 50 US states. Roland raised his total number of US tracks to 147, pretty amazing for someone who has lived his whole life in Belgium.

      Mike Knappenberger traveled with Roland, and four of the five tracks where they saw together were new tracks for Mike as well. Mike now has 97 new tracks in 2012, and it looks very good that he will get to 100 once again this year. Perhaps the greatest things about our group is when members that otherwise would never have met, end up traveling together to races and enjoying each others company. And there are fewer unlikely pairings than a banker from near Brussels, Belgium and a steel buyer from near Reading, PA.

      Will White, on pace for a new track for the third straight weekend, met up with Roland and Mike at Eagles Canyon Raceway in Texas; but unfortunately that was the race that was canceled at the last minute and they only got to see cars practice.

      Pam Smith added two new tracks, one in Virginia and the other in Delaware. Pam still has an outside chance to get 50 new tracks this year. The final new track of the week was a rare fall Monday race in Massachusetts and attended by Gordy Killian while he is in New England supporting his wife Sue.

      The following are welcome at any time for those that would like to improve the information on their personal track listing:

      * Dates to listed tracks
      * Modifications to the track names currently listed
      * Information for the "Notes" column for each track visited
      * Tracks for any of the various "Non TC Classified" categories that are outside of TrackChasers group

      Information will be updated as soon as possible.

      The 12 new tracks added during the past week have increased our current 2012 total to 532. That's not enough, we want more! Mike Knappenberger has added the most new tracks so far this year, currently 97.

      2012 WEEK 1-40 ADDITIONS (JANUARY 1 - OCTOBER 7)

      none

      2012 WEEK 41 ADDITIONS (OCTOBER 8 - OCTOBER 14)

      Monday, October 8

      Gordy Killian--Topsfield Fairgrounds, MA

      Thursday, October 11

      Roland Vanden Eynde--RPM Speedway, KS

      Friday, October 12

      Mike Knappenberger--Lawton Speedway, OK
      Pam Smith--Winchester Speedway, VA
      Roland Vanden Eynde--Lawton Speedway, OK

      Saturday, October 13

      Mike Knappenberger--I-30 Speedway, AR
      Pam Smith--Georgetown Speedway, DE
      Roland Vanden Eynde-I-30 Speedway, AR

      Sunday, October 14

      Mike Knappenberger--Hallet Motor Racing Circuit, OK
      Mike Knappenberger--Nevada Speedway, MO
      Roland Vanden Eynde--Hallet Motor Racing Circuit, OK
      Roland Vanden Eynde--Nevada Speedway, MO

      ******

      2012 SUMMARY

      Total New Track Visits Reported--532

      Number of TrackChasers Reporting New Tracks This Year--39

      US States Visited for New Tracks--40 (AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO,CT, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ,NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV)

      Canadian Provinces Visited for New Tracks--2 (ON, QC)

      Countries Visited for New Tracks--15 (AUS, BEL, BHR, CAN, CHE, DEU, ESP, FRA, GBR, IRL, ITA, NLD, RUS, SWE, USA)

      ALL-TIME SUMMARY

      Lifetime Group Total of Reported TrackChaser New Track Visits--35,068 (+12)

      Additional "Non Classified Tracks"--145 (no change)

      *****

      The 2012 TrackChasing season is dedicated with love and respect to the memory of Edward Jonathan Esser.

      All TrackChaser group statistics are available at any time on my website at www.roamingtheraceways.com.

      Please report your new track visits in as timely a manneras possible so that all can enjoy and celebrate the travels of theother members of our group that share our hobby. Continue to submityour ideas for changes or improvements to my website and myYahooGroups! listserve. Thank you.