Little Diamond Race Canceled

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2012

      Yesterday, management from Big Diamond decided that the Sunday afternoon show of Micro Sprints, Slingshots, and Exel Modifieds at the new Little Diamond was "too much of a risk" and canceled the show. It seemed the show was being promoted well for them by Tim Long, and I was seeing a huge amount of interest from teams. The weather forecast for Sunday was perfect.

      In my opinion, the decision on whether the show was worth the risk should have been made BEFORE scheduling the event. Not two weeks later and two days before the show. The owner has stated that the Little Diamond track is key to the long term future of the facility. Now he has started the new track by pissing off teams from four different divisions, plus the fans. Not so smart, again, in my opinion.