Unity, ME

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 16, 2012

      A reader of my AARN column emailed me that the promoter of the Unity Raceway in Maine told the drivers that he can no longer afford to pay a purse. Starting this week the admission is dropping to $5, the pit admission goes from $25 to $10, and those that show up will race for trophies only.

      I looked on the track website and could verify the grandstand and admission price drops.

      We'll see how that works out, but it might be a good idea to visit the track sooner rather than later if it is one that you would like to see and have not as of yet.