TrackChaser 2012 Week 26 Summary

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2012
      TrackChasers:

      (Weekly Listserve Update #79) We have reached the halfway point of the year, and it was another busy week as our group continues to enjoy our hobby of visiting different race tracks throughout the country and the world.

      It was another great week for the group. This week a total of 139 new track visits were added to my TrackChaser database. Nineteen of the visits are from 2012, with 17 of those 19 coming from the last week. The other 120 were from the addition of a new driver track listing submitted by the TC Research Group.

      Colin Herridge's visit to an autograss race in England was his first new track of the year, and now 31 from our group have added new tracks to their track listing in 2012. Congrats go out to Colin as he gets one step closer in his quest to see all of the active tracks in England.

      The tracks visited in Ireland last weekend by Guy, Pam, and Roland were the first of the year in that country. TrackChasers have now been active in 14 different countries this year.

      Once again Mike Knappenberger visited the most new tracks this past weekend, with four in Michigan. Mike has passed the 50 new track mark before the midpoint of the year. He could be on track to break 100 again this year. Mike was joined at three of the tracks by Rick Schneider, who chooses to no longer add, or subtract, any tracks from his listing in the group. Roger Ferrell joined them at one track as well. It's always good to see TrackChasers enjoying the racing together.

      Nancy Brown took advantage of the Mission Statement and the ability for each person to have greatly expanded control of their own track lists, by adding one with a visit to Dixie Motor Speedway last week, and choosing to delete two that she visited many years ago and left before the features due to the excessive dust.

      High Commissioner Emeritus Will White checked in with two more new tracks from Texas, as six of his seven Texas tracks have come in the past two years.

      New tracks added to the database this week were the Lake Odessa Fairgrounds (Inner Oval), MI; the Owosso Kart Speedway, MI; and the Putnam County Fairgrounds, OH Figure-8 track.

      New track visits were reported on four of the seven days last week.

      Mario Andretti was added to the group as one of the Project Drivers. His 120 tracks (plus one additional non-classified) are included because he is being admitted under the "Non North America" minimum of 100 tracks, since he was born in Europe and his first TrackChaser tracks were while he still lived there. You can check out his very interesting track list, which is a work in progress of course. Mario was assigned group member number 74.

      As a side note, I have been asked several times about lowering the minimum track requirement for those living from North America. Mike Knappenberger is keen on this, while our NSD sponsor Tim Frost is interested in getting more people involved in our group as well. Others do not agree with the system Will set up that includes different minimums under different circumstances. In response, I would love to be able to have more people involved in the group. However, this is a hobby and not a full-time job. Although it's a labor of love which I indeed do love, I have to be very careful not to bite off more than I can chew. Progress must be controlled and is limited by available time to dedicate to the project, but I think everyone can see that growth has occurred in the past year and a half. My intention is that if we are still doing this when I retire from my full-time job, to make the minimum requirement for anyone to have their tracks listed as 100 no matter where in the world they live or have lived.

      Anyone who wants to * add dates to their listed tracks, * change orcomplete track namesthat appear on their track list, * add information to their personal"Notes" column for each track, * add tracks in any of the"Non Classified" group categories outside of TrackChasers, * orrequest any other changes to their track lists are encouraged to do soat any time and if possible, the changes will be made in the order theyaresubmitted.

      There have been 283 new tracks reported so far in 2012, just one day past the halfway point in the year. That's notenough, we want more. Mike Knappenberger continues as the leader of the pack with 53.

      2012 WEEK 1-25 ADDITIONS (JANUARY 1 - JUNE 24)

      06/23 Norm Wagner--Putnam County Fairgrounds Figure-8, OH

      06/24 Norm Wagner--Hoagland Community Park Figure-8, IN

      2012 WEEK 26 (JUNE 1825 - JULY 1)

      Wednesday, June 20

      Guy Smith--Nutts Corner Raceway, NI, UK

      Friday, June 29

      Nancy Brown--Dixie Motor Speedway, MI
      Mike Knappenberger--Lake Odessa Fairgrounds Oval, MI
      Mike Knappenberger--Lake Odessa Fairgrounds F8, MI

      Saturday, June 30

      Roger Ferrell--Owosso Kart Speedway, MI
      Gordy Killian--Clay County Speedway, IL
      Mike Knappenberger--Owosso Kart Speedway, MI
      Mike Knappenberger--Springport Motor Speedway, MI
      Chris Tyrell--Holland Motorsports Complex, NY
      Will White--Cowtown Speedway, TX
      Will White--Kennedale Speedway Park, TX

      Sunday, July 1

      Colin Herridge--Concord-Essex Autograss, ENG, UK
      Guy Smith--Waterford Raceway, Ireland
      Guy Smith--Tipperary Motor Speedway, Ireland
      Pam Smith--Waterford Raceway, Ireland
      Pam Smith--Tipperary Motor Speedway, Ireland
      Roland Vanden Eynde--Waterford Raceway, Ireland

      **********

      2012 SUMMARY

      Total New Track Visits Reported--283

      Number of TrackChasers Reporting New Tracks This Year--31

      US States Visited for New Tracks--35 (AL, AR, AZ, CO, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY,MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV)

      Canadian Provinces Visited for New Tracks--2 (ON, QC)

      Countries Visited for New Tracks--14 (AUS, BE, BHR, CAN, CHE, DEU, ESP, FRA, GBR, IRL, ITA, NLD, SWE, USA)

      Lifetime Group Total of Reported TrackChaser New Track Visits--34,548 (+139)
      Lifetime Group Reported Total in the new "Non Classified Tracks" Categories--32 ( +1 but still a lot in the queue)

      The 2012 TrackChasing season is dedicated to the memory of Edward Jonathan Esser.

      All TrackChaser statistics are available at any time on www.roamingtheraceways.com;Please report your new tracks in as timely a manner as possible so thatall can enjoy and celebrate the travels of others. Thanks for thegreat participation, support, and ideas. Continue to submit your ideas for changes or improvements to my site.