Ed Esser Plaque @ Belleville, KS

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2012

      In the last week or two, both Allan and Will have asked about what is happening with our plans for memorial plaques for Ed Esser at Belleville, KS and Sun Prairie, WI. I have been waiting for a couple of months to hear back from Ed's son on the plans for Angel Park, as we were hoping to coordinate our tribute with Ed's son Lee's plans for a memorial event at the track this summer. But so far I have heard nothing back from Lee, so I think it's time we move forward with our group plan to purchase a brick in Ed's name at the "Highbanks Hall of Fame National Auto Racing Museum" in Belleville, KS. It is very fitting that Ed have a brick there, since Belleville (along with the Chili Bowl and Angel Park) were the tracks he truly seemed to love the most.

      Since as of now we are only going to focus on the brick at Belleville and not concern ourselves with collecting any money for a possible second tribute at Angel Park, we do not need to collect as much money per person as when we were planning for two memorials.

      Initially, we had 18 people that indicated they were committing to or interested in contributing to the tribute to Ed from our group, a group that he supported so strongly. If we each contribute $15, that will put us over the $250 required for the brick at Belleville (I'll send them whatever we get, even if it's over $250).

      The following people had indicated they wanted to contribute on Ed's behalf:

      Allan Brown
      Nancy Brown
      Bruce Eckel
      Pat Eckel
      Roger Ferrell
      Tim Frost (National Speedway Directory)
      Jim Harris (said he was interested)
      Brian Hickey
      PJ Hollebrand
      Gordy Killian
      Virginia Schuler
      Andy Sivi
      Guy Smith
      Pam Smith
      Bruce Spencer
      Roland Vanden Eynde
      Paul Weisel
      Will White

      Hopefully everyone is still planning to contribute to Ed's memorial. Please send your $15 contribution/share (or whatever amount over that you want to contribute) to:

      Guy Smith
      633 Catskill Drive
      Effort, PA 18330

      Note that the street address number of our house has been changed. The houses in our area was just recently renumbered by the local government, who couldn't get it right the first time. As soon as I collect $250, I'll take care of applying for "Written in Stone Benefactor" status for Ed Esser at the Midget Hall of Fam , and let everyone know that it has been taken care of.

      Let's get this project done.

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2012
        One minor clarification about the previous email. At Angel Park, we were talking about the possibility of a memorial plaque for Ed. But at Belleville, it is a brick and not a plaque. The subject and body of the email did not make that 100% clear. -- Guy

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2012
          Will get the check in the mail.

          Jim Harris

[...]
          ancy Brown
          ruce Eckel
          at Eckel
          oger Ferrell
          im Frost (National Speedway Directory)
          im Harris (said he was interested)
          rian Hickey
          J Hollebrand
          ordy Killian
          irginia Schuler
          ndy Sivi
          uy Smith
          am Smith
          ruce Spencer
          oland Vanden Eynde
          aul Weisel
          ill White
          Hopefully everyone is still planning to contribute to Ed's memorial. Please
          end your $15 contribution/share (or whatever amount over that you want to
          ontribute) to:
          Guy Smith
          33 Catskill Drive
          ffort, PA 18330
          Note that the street address number of our house has been changed. The houses
          n our area was just recently renumbered by the local government, who couldn't
          et it right the first time. As soon as I collect $250, I'll take care of
          pplying for "Written in Stone Benefactor" status for Ed Esser at the Midget
          all of Fam , and let everyone know that it has been taken care of.
          Let's get this project done.

          Individual Email | Traditional
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Bruce A. Spencer
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 3, 2012
            Guy,

            Should we make the check out to you?

            Thanks,
            Bruce

[...]

            IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING THIS ELECTRONIC MESSAGE:

            This message is intended for the use of the person to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, your use of this message for any purpose is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete the message and notify the sender so that we may correct our records.

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 4, 2012
              Yes.

              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 4, 2012
                Great, it's on it's way.