TrackChaser 2012 Week 21 Summary

    Message 1 of 3 , May 31, 2012
      TrackChasers:

      (Weekly Listserve Update #74) A big holiday weekend in the US resulted in an addition of over 20 tracks to the TrackChaser database. Of the 22 tracks added, 20 were from the past week and two were from previous years. Tracks were added for a total of 11 different TrackChasers, nine of whom visited new tracks in the last week.

      Chris Tyrrell submitted "Notes" for all of his over 250 tracks which will be added for him in the near future. While assembling his notes, he found a missing track from a 1970's visit, which has now been added.

      Project driver Hans-Joachim Stuck may have retired as a driver last May, but that didn't stop him from using the "Roland Rule" to add a second road circuit variation at Germany's Hockenheimring in October. It was his first known new track of 2011.

      Brian Hickey was the most active TrackChaser of the past week, adding four new tracks to his career list, one each on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. He also added another on Monday, which gets added next week as the weekly summaries go from Monday through Sunday.

      Mike Knappenberger continues to be the most active TrackChaser of 2012. He and Jeff Sands hooked up for three new tracks in West Virginia and Kentucky, one on each weekend day. Mike's motivated pace has seen him visit 37 new tracks already this year. Jeff is now over the 120 career track mark on his own.

      The notable achievement of the week was by Pam Smith, who reached the 800th track mark and became the 15th TrackChaser to reach the 800 track level.

      Two US states were visited for the first time this year. Brian Hickey added Illinois to the group total, and Mike Knappenberger added West Virginia. That brings the group total to 24 different states visited for new tracks so far.

      Tracks were also added for Allan and Nancy Brown, Guy Smith, Roger Ferrell, Paul Weisel, and Bing Metz.

      Anyone who wants to * add dates to their listed tracks, * change or complete track namesthat appear on their track list, * add information to their personal"Notes" column for each track, * add tracks in either or both of the "Non Classified" TC group categories, * orrequest any other changes to their track lists are encouraged to do soat any time and if possible, the changes will be made in the order theyaresubmitted.

      There have been 176 new tracks reported so far in 2012. That's notenough, we want more. Mike Knappenberger paces the field with 37.

      2012 WEEK 1-20 ADDITIONS (JANUARY 1 - MAY 20)

      none

      2012 WEEK 21 (MAY 21 - MAY 27)

      Thursday, May 24

      Brian Hickey--Terre Haute Action Track, IN

      Friday, May 25

      Allan Brown--Tri-City Motor Speedway (Figure 8), MI
      Nancy Brown--Tri-City Motor Speedway (Figure 8), MI
      Roger Ferrell--Tri-City Motor Speedway (Oval), MI
      Roger Ferrell--Tri-City Motor Speedway (Figure 8), MI
      Brian Hickey--Lincoln Speedway, IL
      Mike Knappenberger--Beckley Motor Speedway, WV
      Guy Smith--Chandler Motor Speedway, IN
      Pam Smith--Chandler Motor Speedway, IN

      Saturday, May 26

      Nancy Brown--Waterford Hills Road Race Course, MI
      Brian Hickey--Fairbury American Legion Speedway, IL
      Mike Knappenberger--Richmond Speedway, KY
      Guy Smith--Western Kentucky Speedway, KY
      Pam Smith--Western Kentucky Speedway, KY
      Guy Smith--Cedar Ridge Speedway, KY
      Pam Smith--Cedar Ridge Speedway, KY

      Sunday, May 27

      Brian Hickey--Farmer City Speedway, IL
      Mike Knappenberger--I-77 Speedway, WV
      Bing Metz--Mifflintown Airport, PA
      Paul Weisel--Mifflintown Airport, PA

      **********

      2012 SUMMARY

      Total New Track Visits Reported--176

      Number of TrackChasers Reporting New Tracks This Year--25

      US States Visited for New Tracks--24 (AL, AZ, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KY, MI, MN, MS, NC, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, VT, WI, WV)

      Canadian Provinces Visited for New Tracks--2 (ON, QC)

      Countries Visited for New Tracks--13 (AUS, BEL BHR, CAN, CHE, DEU, ESP, FRA, GBR, ITA, NLD, SWE, USA)

      Lifetime Group Total of Reported TrackChaser New Track Visits--34,244

      **********

      The 2012 TrackChasing season is dedicated to the memory of Edward Jonathan Esser.

      All TrackChaser statistics are available at any time on www.roamingtheraceways.com;Please report your new tracks in as timely a manner as possible so thatall can enjoy and celebrate the travels of others. Thanks for thegreat participation, support, and ideas. Continue to submit your ideas for changes or improvements to my site.

    • Bruce Eckel
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2012
        Pam,

        Congratulations on hitting the 800 track mark. A real accomplishment!!! Way to go.

        Bruce and Pat

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 1, 2012
          Thanks, Bruce and Pat.

          ps