Re: [TrackChasers] Update For Me

  • RPMGORDY@aol.com
    Message 1 of 32 , Apr 18, 2012
      Julian,

      We DO care. One of the best parts of this deal is the telling of
      stories to any and all that will hear them. I wish I had more time to do so.
      Never be intimidated by some of the numbers or believe your own numbers
      aren't worthy. So many times the good bench racing to, from and at the track is
      better than the actual racing. I hope you get to share a road trip with any
      of us some day to see what I mean. This past weekend was proof of what I
      say. On the way to champkart hell at NHIS, Guy, Mike and I got to enjoy a
      nice show at the Waterford Speedbowl and raise the tide in the sea of sarcasm
      as we watched the Granite State Kart Club stumble and bumble their way
      through their program while lamenting "a little bad luck".The confusion brought
      about by malfunctioning transponders was as comical as it was ridiculous.
      Why, they had to actually score the racing by hand with real people. The
      Horror! I wonder how racing survived all these years doing just that. No
      matter how much we see, we will never see it all. Adios.

      Gordy

      In a message dated 4/13/2012 4:11:05 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      kidroberts@... writes:

      I haven't posted on here in a while, but I figured I'd let everyone know
      what I have been doing...if anyone cares.

      Last year I made it to 52 Races, 22 Tracks, and 6 States. That was a
      personable best for me and I COULD have made 60 if I wanted. This year, I have
      made it to two races, two tracks, and two states. I should be adding number
      three in each category later on today. I consider myself more of a race
      chaser, but I do like adding new tracks as well!

      - Julian

    • Brian
      Message 32 of 32 , Nov 22, 2012
        Hi all
        I had everything in order as of Friday to attend my 2nd Turkey Night Gran Prix. Well Monday brought disappointment as all the planed work, to make this trip happen, did not materialize. Just making my way back to New England, thru the nations heartland, without a new track.
        Oh well, there's always next year.

        Happy thanksgiving to all

        Brian