Eddie

  • RPMGORDY@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2012
      Greetings from a sad breadman,

      The news of the passing of Ed Esser hit hard on Sunday. Of the
      thousands of people I've met chasing tracks around the world, I can easily make
      the claim that Ed was one of the finest. No matter how bad the racing
      program, you knew that sharing a night at the races with Ed would be an enjoyable
      evening. Bench racing with Ed was always informative while being
      interspersed with his wry wit and humor. No agendas. Just a man dedicated to a sport
      he loved so much. We will never see his like again, I fear. Hopefully, he
      has secured a seat next to Bob Blair and the Garys, Jacob and Storey, at the
      great race track in the sky. Rest in peace, my special friend.

      I am very interested in a memorial for Ed. I was thinking of a plaque
      on his regular seat at Angell Park. Any other thoughts?

      Gordy