2011 TrackChaser Week 48 Summary

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2011
      TrackChasers:

      Five new track visits were reported for the Thanksgiving holiday 48th week of 2011. New track visits have been reported by group members in all 48 weekends of 2011. The group never ceases to amaze me with their dedication to our hobby. The interesting fact from this weekend's reports is that none of the five new track visits were on Saturday, four being on Friday and one on Sunday. Without going back to check, I would guess that was a first for the year.

      Fast Eddie Esser had the only multi-new track weekend, with one in Georgia and the other in New Jersey. That boy gets around. Pam Smith recorded her 74th new track of the year, topping her previous personal best by one. Keep on Truckin', Pam! Dale O'Brien kicked off the indoor season at the Deltaplex in Michigan, being joined by Allan Brown and Roger Ferrell.

      The five new track brought the group total for 2011 to 693 new track visits for 35 different TrackChasers; and the lifetime group total to 33,737 new track trips for 70 members. I'm pretty sure we as a group can get to 700 for the year, 750 I'm not so sure.

      The totals for the year are now available on the new group website at www.roamingtheraceways.com. All rankingspreviously available on the TrackChaser website are now available andare updated to include all 2011 submitted track visits.

      Here's the recap of new track visits reported during the 48th week of 2011 (November 7 - November 27, 2011):

      WEEK 1-47 ADDITIONS (JANUARY 1- NOVEMBER 20 )

      none

      FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 25

      Ed Esser--Georgia Karting Komplex, Carnesville, GA
      Dale O'Brian--Deltaplex Arena, Grand Rapids, MI
      Guy Smith--Orlando Speedworld F8, Bithlo, FL
      Pam Smith--Orlando Speedworld F8, Bithlo, FL

      SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 27

      Ed Esser--Wall Stadium Speedway, Wall Township, NJ

      *****

      Paul Weisel was the first of the four TrackChaser's who saw a race onJanuary 1 to see a new track in 2011. Who will be the last?

      Currently, TrackChasers have reported 2011 new track visits in 46 of 50 USStates, 3 Canadian Provinces, 4 Australian States, 3 regions of the UK,and in a total of at least 22 different countries.

      Please continue to report new tracks in as timely a manner as you areable. Thank you for all the cooperation, support, encouragement, kindwords, suggestions, and concerns, etc. regarding these weekly updates and on the new group website.

      Safe Travels,