More On Champ Karts vs Caged Karts

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2010

      With the recent interest in how to tell the difference between a Champ Kart and a Caged Flat Kart, I thought you might be interested in this thread from 4-Cycle about a three race series this weekend in PA.

      On the one hand, the promoter seems clear about the difference, the Champ Karts frames are built with the roll cage as part of the frame, while the Caged Karts have the cage bolted on to the flat kart frame. That seems to be a more discernible difference than the five-point harness that Will mentioned as a way to tell them apart.

      On the other hand, it seems that some of the kart racers are not clear on the difference as to what is allowed to compete in the Senior Champ Kart class and what is not.

      Is this promoter's explanation enough to keep the status quo, or is it more evidence that we need to change the TrackChaser rule to something more clear? I guess we will find out.

      Interesting reading none the less.

      Guy Smith

      **********

      Just Incase There Is Any Confussion. Sr Champ listed Means Just that Sr Champ, No Cages.

      **********

      So there will not be any class for bolt on cages like there has been in years past or are there going to be two separate classes for champ and bolt on?

      Right Now It Is Champ Only, Bolt On Cages Are Not Being Offered They Will Have To Lobby To Get Added. Thanks Ken

      we need to a group together for bolt on cage for adult cage animal.. i know of a few that would run but dont have champs.

      If you guys get at least 6 you have a race.

      Ken, Really need you to clarify this, are you talking about the Sr. Champ class or all caged/champ classes. 90% of all "caged/champ" classes at Selinsgrove , Little Green Wood and Penns Creek run cages.

      Right Now There Is Only 1 Cage Class Shown, It Is Shown As Sr Champ It Means Just that Champ Buggy Only. If All the Bolt On Cages Want To Run, Like Prettyleaf Is Refering To We Will Gladly Add Them. My Group Of Sr Champs Are Coming That Will Be 5 Or 6 Alone, I'm Only Getting 1 Bolt On Right Now. Thanks Ken, Hope This Clears This up.