Black Rock (NY) Speedway 7/23

  • terrapin44
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 16, 2010
      For those who have not seen a race on the dirt road course at Black Rock, I just received an e-mail on the NYIceRacers list (http://groups.google.com/group/nyiceracers?hl=en) that they made a deal to run the road course on Friday night July 23 (next Friday). The e-mail from Casey (casey@...) said....

      Black Rock Speedway is going to be using their Dirt Road Course on Friday night 7/23

      I think that their plan is to let their 4 cylinder guys use it for a TT for qualifying and then instead of heat races they will just get one big feature.

      I have worked out a deal where they are willing to give us our own race on the road course that night.

      We can bring our own cars, or we can rent Dean's enduro cars, which he says are a lot nicer than they used to be. This is NOT a demo derby and Dean will only rent us his cars because he trusts us to not beat and bang with them.

      The deal is $50 for the car, and then $25 for the pit pass. Or if you want to bring your own car, it is just $25 for the pit pass.

      As for a dress code, it sounds like he is not too strict. Of course you need a real helmet, but after that a Carhart jacket will do if you don't have a driver's suit. He certainly recommends a real driver's suit if you have one, or even a kart suit, but it is not mandatory.
      Let me know if you are interested so that I can give him an approximate count on how many cars he has too prep.

      Casey
    • terrapin44
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 26, 2010
        Apparently this race got rained out and they will be racing this Friday (7/30). They are going to use the track's Enduro cars.

        Edward