New Track News--Texas

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2010

      As many have already heard, Formula One racing will be returning to the US in 2010 with a race planned for a brand new track in Austin, TX.

      What really surprised me was the article in last week's National Speed Sport News that the "country club" Monticello Motor Club attempted to make a serious bid to host the event. As far as I know, no TrackChasers have been to this track.

      In 2009 they had a NASA race at the track, which originally was just listed as HDE. This year there are two NASA visits, again neither are listed on the NASA schedule as races, again listed as just HDE events. Other than that one NASA race, I believe the only racing at the track is amateur club racing. That's why it was so surprising that they wanted to jump right from NASA to the top series in the world. Perhaps they could or will run some US based pro series events.

      It will be interesting to see how the Montecello track develops, in terms of having actual racing.

    • colin herridge
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 4, 2010
        Guy,
        According to F1 GP supremo Bernie Ecclestone it will be a brand new track with facilities to match the other new tracks ie Turkey & Abu Dhabi
        Colin

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 15 7:05 AM

          I doubt I'll be going anywhere near Texas this year, but hopefully this information can be helpful to somebody (Will? Brian?)

          Dustin Jarrett emailed about a new track opening this year in Texas. It's called Timberline Speedway and it's located in Corley. They have a website (http://timberlinespeedway.com) with a schedule posted.

          Thanks, Dustin.