Question for PJ Hollebrand

    Message 1 of 2 , May 23, 2010
      PJ:

      Yesterday Rick Schneider told me that Ransomville was having three figure 8 races this year.

      Do you still work at the track?

      If so, are they going to be real figure 8 races this time, or are they going to be what they called figure 8 racing that other time you, me, and Pam went; which was a Double O race and not a figure 8 race at all?

      Let us know what they are planning for the 2010 attempt at figure 8 racing.

      Thanks,

      Guy

      =

    • deskjet960@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , May 31, 2010
        Hi Guy, Sorry for the delay, I have not been on this email address for
        couple weeks and just read your letter today..... Yes , I still have my booth
        at Ransomville again this year every Friday night. and Yes, they did have an
        actual figure eight race this past Friday night as the last race of the
        evening.... It was entirely on the front straight and they used large truck
        tires to make the track. . They had eight cars start amd two finished the
        ten lap race,.... After the race they said they would have two more such
        races later in the season and make it a three race series, but no dates were
        announced... I was not even aware of this race , but heard about it Friday
        night after warmups, so of course I made sure I saw it..,. A large amount of
        the crowd did stay for the race. I remember the time a few years ago when
        they had that weird course in the infield and that I sat with you that night
        ...... . The only other new track I went to this year was an ice race at
        Summit Lake. NY on a beautiful winter day and I remember I sat in my car the
        whole day and never even had to get out of the car, and it was very
        enjoyable ..... If I hear the dates of the other two Ransomville figure eight
        races, I will pass them along on this site, PJ