Texarkana 67 Speedway, Texarkana AR - Track #209

  • terrapin44
    Message 1 of 1 , May 16, 2010
      Last night I went to Texarkana 67 Speedway in Texarkana Arkanasas. The highlight of the nigh was supposed to be the 305 Sprints, but due to a pretty iffy weather report they canceled, but the track decided to solider on without them. Since Arkansas would be a new state for me, I am glad the did. One thing the track did was gave the modifieds off with the sprints on the agenda. So no Sprints and no top division. That was okay with me, but they probably should have lowered the admission price from there normal amount, but still $10 isn't bad.

      They started the show about 15 minutes late, but I think that was because it took them that long to run in the track after the rains the night before (and possibly during the day). After that, they ran the show off pretty quickly with only a very short intermisison. It was mostly different street stock divisions plus a race for about 7 limited modifieds. The racing was good, the officiating good (no quick yellows, no favoritism that I saw - a popular driver through his helmet at another competitor's car and they said he'd be watching from the stands for the next 2 weeks). With the rainy forecast and lighting in various directions around the track, the racing kept moving and was over in about 2 hours. The motel I was staying at about 10 miles from the track obviously had a down pour during the races judging form the puddles, so luck was with us.

      And after flooding out last Fall on my trip to Arkansas, I'm glad to get state #47 in the books. All-in-all, another well run, enjoyable show for lifetime track #209.

      Stats:
      Total Tracks: Lifetime: 209; new in 2010: 7; total 2010: 13*
      Total States: Lifetime: 47+DC; New in 2010: 1; total in 2010: 6**
      Total Countries: Lifetime: 2; New in 2010: 0; total in 2010: 1

      * of the top of my head, I need to go back and check my notes.
      ** Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Oklahoma, New York, Pennsylvania