JAN 3 UPDATE: New York Autocross a NO GO for Next Week

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2010

      I didn't post about this race before, because I was waiting for confirmation. However, the confirmation never came and the show will apparently not happen.

      The original message board post came on November 8th from a person named Randy Decker. It said there would be an autocross race and demo derby at Broome-Tioga Motocross in NY on the second weekend of January.

      I found a Broome-Tioga website, which is a place I never heard of, but there was no mention of the autocross in January. I emailed them twice and received no response.

      I did confirm that they had a TrackChaser countable autocross last October 25, so a new track has been discovered to add to the Auto Racing Records database.

      Over the past two months, I read 20 pages of mostly dumb comments on the message post thread. Many asked for confirmation of the race to start building cars, and despite at least one confirmation from Decker that the race would happen, and agreement that it would be Saturday and not Sunday, they never got confirmation from the track, despite attempts at calls and emails.

      In the past couple of weeks, the posts calling for confirmation and the grumbling about building cars for an event that may not happen increased. No answer one way or the other ever came, and the thread has basically died.

      Since it is now less than a week from the proposed Saturday afternoon race, I think it is safe to assume that the race will not be held as planned. The best we can hope for is another autocross event later in the spring or summer. I'll keep monitoring the situation and post any confirmed info I can get.