Re: Dale Terry's Georgia Comments

  • dale.terry@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 10, 2009
      --- In TrackChasers@yahoogroups.com, RTRYFBAR@... wrote:

      > Dale:
      >
      > Regarding the reopening of North Wilkesboro, not only should they look at the small crowds at Rockingham, but also the recent "final" race at Memphis Motorsports Park drew only two or three hundred according to our own Brian Hickey.
      >
      > A funny picture on the Waycross website shows them digging up the old "dirt". If you didn't know it was dirt, you would swear it was pavement as the dirt was torn up in huge sheets. Check it out.
      >
      > Finally, thanks for the info on the new Needmore Speedway in Georgia. Another one to add to my HitList. While it's always good for us to have more tracks to stalk, I wonder if it's good for the sport to have another track in an area where there are already several tracks that do not seem to be thriving.
      >
      > Guy Smith

      I hope N. Wilkes is a success, but it's been closed for so long that modern-day fans will be disappointed. Hopefully the buyers have some cash, and will not have to rely on ticket sales for funding updates.

      And fans who have seen the new Gresham Motorsports Park (ex Peach State) will be expecting more from other tracks.

      Stay tuned for info on Needmore. I followed the directions on the website last week, and it leads to a nice house, with a pond and a 'no fishing' sign. Saw no signs of construction of a track in the area.