Re: [TrackChasers] Ten Boer

  • Randy Lewis
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 7 6:14 PM
      Colin,

      I show a Midwest Late Model Racing Association event
      at North Central Arkansas Speedway in Flippin,
      Arkansas on Monday, June 19.

      --- ccass176@... wrote:
      > Hi Will,
      >
      > I have not been to Ten Boer, they, like most field
      > tracks in Holland, only
      > have a few races a year and they only have one
      > meeting a year featuring F1
      > stock cars. That meeting tends to clash with one of
      > our big meetings so I
      > have not been able to go. From what hear it is very
      > basic even for field
      > tracks.
      >
      > I am hoping to get over to Holland for a few
      > meetings again this year.
      > Venray, Calantsoog, St Maarten, Blauwhuis and Texel
      > are pencilled in for a
      > visit. I will also try and get over to Lelystad. I'm
      > just working out which
      > dates to go. Texel only has two dates, the other
      > field tracks hold three or
      > four events a year. St Maarten applied for seven
      > dates this year but the
      > local council refused permission. The Dutch
      > government are very strict on
      > noise and pollution and would like to see the tracks
      > closed.
      >
      > Me and Mark are planning to get over for the Non
      > winged World Championship
      > tour of the mid west. We had a great time last year
      > and the racing was great.
      > It also means we can get a race in every night from
      > June 13th to 27th, except
      > Monday19th June. Any ideas on that one?
      >
      > What are your plans for this year? will you be
      > coming over to the UK or
      > Europe? Did you enjoy Belle Vue? Racing on shale in
      > the rain is a bit
      > different, still, it's better than a rainout.
      >
      > I have been reading the discussion on the onelist
      > about ice/snow covered
      > tracks. If visiting a meeting where the track is
      > covered in ice counts as a
      > new track, can the same be said for rain? if so, my
      > track total has just
      > jumped by about 70!!! Many years ago I raced at a
      > new years day meeting, the
      > track was covered in snow, it was a lot of fun until
      > my hand froze to the
      > steering wheel!!
      >
      > Regards
      >
      > Colin

      =====
      Randy Lewis
      # 1 trackchaser West of the Mississippi, from San Clemente where the wind chill hovers around 72, all the women are good looking and the children are above average.
      http://im.yahoo.com
    • sdkidd
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 7 7:28 PM
        I will keep an eye open to see if I can find you a race in the area on the
        19th....If not we have a great Race party/Radio show going on up in Sioux
        Falls on Mondays (Tuesdays if a holiday happens on the Monday)
        Let me know if anyone gets up this way...My number is 605-362-4049...It was
        74 and sunny here today...Really
        gets a guy ready to go racing!!!!!!!!