Re: [TrackChasers] Ten Boer

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 7, 2000
      Colin,

      About finding a race for Mon. June 19th, there are a few people on here who can probably
      give you a choice or two faster than I can. Gordy is on vacation at that time and always
      has backup plans. Jack, Paul and Allan are in that area and may know something as well.

      I have alot of ideas for this year but nothing solid yet. My big trip around the world
      plan is off for this year, but I certainly intend to get a track in at least one new
      country. Mexico is a top candidate.

      I'm also thinking of getting to a couple European countries. If I did, it would probably
      be during my July vacation. That's why I asked about Ten Boer. I have more to ask you
      about Europe so I'll email you personally about it.

      I agree with what you said about Belle Vue. It seemed like a nice little track, but the
      conditions were awful. After traveling all that way I was mainly just happy that they
      ran at all in the rain.

      By the way, if you see George from Liverpool you can tell him I met his friend the
      vendor at Tipperary. I even bought a Tipperary patch and I have it on a jacket. I
      enjoyed the races in Ireland. It was odd though to be at a National Hot Rod meet with so
      few spectators.

      --Will
    • Randy Lewis
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 7, 2000
        Colin,

        I show a Midwest Late Model Racing Association event
        at North Central Arkansas Speedway in Flippin,
        Arkansas on Monday, June 19.

        --- ccass176@... wrote:
        > Hi Will,
        >
        > I have not been to Ten Boer, they, like most field
        > tracks in Holland, only
        > have a few races a year and they only have one
        > meeting a year featuring F1
        > stock cars. That meeting tends to clash with one of
        > our big meetings so I
        > have not been able to go. From what hear it is very
        > basic even for field
        > tracks.
        >
        > I am hoping to get over to Holland for a few
        > meetings again this year.
        > Venray, Calantsoog, St Maarten, Blauwhuis and Texel
        > are pencilled in for a
        > visit. I will also try and get over to Lelystad. I'm
        > just working out which
        > dates to go. Texel only has two dates, the other
        > field tracks hold three or
        > four events a year. St Maarten applied for seven
        > dates this year but the
        > local council refused permission. The Dutch
        > government are very strict on
        > noise and pollution and would like to see the tracks
        > closed.
        >
        > Me and Mark are planning to get over for the Non
        > winged World Championship
        > tour of the mid west. We had a great time last year
        > and the racing was great.
        > It also means we can get a race in every night from
        > June 13th to 27th, except
        > Monday19th June. Any ideas on that one?
        >
        > What are your plans for this year? will you be
        > coming over to the UK or
        > Europe? Did you enjoy Belle Vue? Racing on shale in
        > the rain is a bit
        > different, still, it's better than a rainout.
        >
        > I have been reading the discussion on the onelist
        > about ice/snow covered
        > tracks. If visiting a meeting where the track is
        > covered in ice counts as a
        > new track, can the same be said for rain? if so, my
        > track total has just
        > jumped by about 70!!! Many years ago I raced at a
        > new years day meeting, the
        > track was covered in snow, it was a lot of fun until
        > my hand froze to the
        > steering wheel!!
        >
        > Regards
        >
        > Colin

        =====
        Randy Lewis
        # 1 trackchaser West of the Mississippi, from San Clemente where the wind chill hovers around 72, all the women are good looking and the children are above average.
        http://im.yahoo.com
      • sdkidd
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 7, 2000
          I will keep an eye open to see if I can find you a race in the area on the
          19th....If not we have a great Race party/Radio show going on up in Sioux
          Falls on Mondays (Tuesdays if a holiday happens on the Monday)
          Let me know if anyone gets up this way...My number is 605-362-4049...It was
          74 and sunny here today...Really
          gets a guy ready to go racing!!!!!!!!