Re: [TrackChasers] O’Reilly Southern Natio nals - 10 tracks/13 days

  • RPMGORDY@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2009
      Greetings from your breadman,

      I had the rare opportunity to get 2 new tracks this past weekend
      while still getting to sleep in my bed. And to think I did so without having to
      resort to my "long" roster of paid drivers. And to top it off, I made no
      gain in the NGD. What was I thinking? Hopefully, the usual informants will
      clue #1 in to my non competing ways.

      Saturday I went to the Cove View Speedway for 11 senior champs and 6
      of the animal version. This place has the potential to be the best kart
      track I've seen if it had more than 1and 1/2 grooves. The width is there, but
      anyone sliding or rooted off the bottom just spins in the powder above. The
      banking here is quite high, yet is wasted by a poor surface. If only they
      would run a top groove in during some of that practice karters love. this
      joint would be spectacular. The many yellows even after the karts kept moving
      greatly reduced the enjoyment. There was 1 minisprint there that I didn't
      see turn a lap. The track is big enough, but the lack of any wheelfence in
      front of the small viewing area would not make for safe conditions. It was
      $5 to get in, which isn't bad. There were no speakers of any kind, yet the
      show moved along nicely as the next class always seemed ready.

      After driving home to sleep, it was off to the Corson's Speedway in
      NJ a few of the group recently visited. It was another example of too narrow
      a racing groove as most that ventured off the bottom spun. Again, the
      yellow flew even if the kart kept going. Starting "around 2:00" was actually
      around 3:00. There were 15 of the champs and a few flat and kid karts. Why
      the blower had to be used after every race was a mystery to me. It never
      helped. As for the "gourmet" food reported by others, all they had were hotdogs.
      I guess the visit by a group of trackchasers took in very little donation
      wise to continue the better menu. Thanks for nothing, guys.
      Thanks to Rick Schneider for providing a schedule and directions. Since I
      voiced my displeasure with how some research is done, I no longer receive
      any pertinent info. Heck, I still can't get the researcher to call me to
      attempt to reconcile our differences. More's the pity.

      Right now it looks like I'm Ohio bound this holiday weekend. Not sure
      if I'll have company or not, though the offer to my usual driver is now
      being made. Again, there will be no NGD advantage to this trip. Have I lost
      "focus"? Do I really care? Hope everyone's holiday plans are fruitful. Be
      careful, Will. Iowa can be very addicting to race fans. I still want to
      retire there. Adios.

      Gordy
      **************Dell Laptops: Huge Savings on Popular Laptops – Deals
      starting at
      $399(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222883570x1201497211/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Faltfarm.mediaplex.com%2Fad%2Fck%2F12309%2D81939%2D1629%2D0)

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2009
        The reason you had hotdogs at Corson's was probably because the donations by PA fans were not up to NJ pricing standards.
        The food on June 14th was truly outstanding. Rick was happy with the racing program and said he may return in the fall. I
        told him I'd have to see the menu first. Your review was spot on, although I couldn't see how it tied in with the O’Reilly
        Southern Nationals.

        I am looking forward to some good racing in Iowa.