you be the judge

  • Bruce Spencer
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 12, 2009
      Gang,

      Here's the deal, I need some help knowing if what I saw is countable racing.

      Last Saturday night Rattlesnake Motordrome, formerly Legion Speedway, formerly The Pines Speedway, formerly Nor-Way Pines Speedway had a figure 8 race, which as far as I know is its first ever. At least it was for me in the 21 years, two different configurations, and four different names I've seen racing there. This was a traditional figure 8 with an infield X using the turns of the speedway.

      Three cars started what was scheduled to be a 25 lap race. We'll call them car A, car B and car C. On the first lap car A stopped/got stuck in the infield portion of the track. On the second lap with car B in the lead, car C bumps car B, causing car B to roll over on its roof. The red flag is shown stopping the race. After a couple of minutes while the track officials are attending to the rollover, car C motors over to car A and pushes car A to the pits. Both cars are disqualified for disobeying the red flag. Car B is declared the winner as having been in the lead on the last (and only) completed lap.

      Does this race count?

      It's not a big deal either way; it will be my 52nd track so I don't think any leading track chasers have anything to fear. On the other hand twenty years from now this might be the one that puts me in the lead.

      Rattlesnake is the closet track to my home so getting a legitimate race shouldn't be a problem. Two more figure 8's are scheduled for July 25th and August 15th, but there's always that chance after the stunning success of this one there will not be another one.

      Bruce Spencer
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 12, 2009
        Bruce,

        It's certainly not the way we'd like it to go, but what you saw was countable racing and I'd give you credit for the track.
        I had a couple of similar situations happen to me in the past, where a race was called complete on the second lap due to
        circumstances.

        Will