North Wilkesboro rescheduled to June 13 - 14

  • Edward
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2009
      According to race22.com, because of rain on the testing date (Friday?) "Charles Collins, the man in charge of this event at the North Wilkesboro Speedway Resort has made the decision to postpone activities at the historic track. The $7,500.00 to win Super Late Model race and the $4,000.00 to win Late Model Stock Car race has been moved to Saturday, June 13th and Sunday, June 14th."

      Reading the forums of the local newspaper http://www.gowilkes.com/voice/view/?e=&start=0&msg=48746&h=084012 it seems questionable he'll pull this off, but maybe a Sunday racedate and if he put some purse money is escrow, he'd get enough cars to put on a race.

      I hope someone pulls this off, and just the fact that Collins was able to get a lease on the track brings some hope, but I'm not so sure that we'll see racing this summer.

      Edward