RE: [TrackChasers] Visiting Different Countries

  • Vanden Eynde Roland
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 9, 2009
      Colin,

      Funny you should mention, but long ago on the Holiday programme of the
      BBC, they interviewed a young Canadian couple on a Cuban beach. When the
      interviewer asked what they liked most about Cuba, their very short
      answer was: 'No Americans'.

      Roland

      From: Vanden Eynde Roland <roland.vandeneynde@...
      <mailto:roland.vandeneynde%40nbb.be> >
      To: TrackChasers@yahoogroups.com <mailto:TrackChasers%40yahoogroups.com>

      Date: Thursday, 9 April, 2009, 8:26 AM

      Guy,

      In fact, Aline and I spent seven full days in Turkish Cyprus, the only
      snag is that I don't think it's on the official United Nations countries
      list. Otherwise, it was a trip back in time, for the country hardly
      changed after the Turkish invasion of 1973. But the people were very
      friendly, our hotel was good and the lack of development made that the
      natural beauty was unspoilt.

      The two countries, where I didn't leave the airport were the Dominican
      Republic and Nigeria.

      Roland