Reading Racers Reunion Pics

  • BIGDADDO@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2009
      I attended the Reading Racers Reunion at the Reading Fairgrounds Square mall
      (Reading, PA) with Harry Havens and his son Nolan respectively son and
      grandson of modified great Dick Havens. Dick won single track titles at Hatfield,
      East Windsor, Grandview (first year they opened & only year they ran big
      blocks) Wilmington and two track titles at the famed Flemington "square". I have
      created two albums of pics from the Reading Racers Reunion in the group
      _http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/PA-NJ-DE_Dirt_Track_Racing/_
      various modifieds that were on display & one containing pics of Dick's car
      with Harry & Nolan alongside it.
      **************Get a jump start on your taxes. Find a tax professional in your
      neighborhood today.

    • RPMGORDY@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 4, 2009
        A memory jolt for me, as Dick Havens won the modified feature the first time
        my family went to Flemington. He was driving the 47, still one of my
        favorite mods from that era. Second was Sammy Beavers in the Fodor 13, another
        famous car of that time. Freddie Adam flipped the Joe Bulloch 76 that night the
        length of the frontstretch to the chagrin of my mom who was a big fan. Back then
        "the Square" had tires imbedded in the track just a bit away from the inner
        guardrail. That was when they erroneously started calling the track a 5/8th
        mile. I miss that joint, dirt or paved.

        Gordy
        steps!
        %3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62)