Tupelo indoor karting Dec. 26-28

  • rocket.chassis
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 17, 2008
      (don't know if they have countable classes???)

      Tupelo Karting Classic
      One of the Largest Indoor Karting Events in the Nation

      We are coming up on Christmas weekend once again. For most of the
      country that means family and all of the great things that Christmas
      brings into your lives. Well in Tupelo Mississippi that means one of
      the biggest indoor kart races in the country comes to town December
      27th and 28th.

      The Tupelo Karting Classic has quickly grown in just its second year
      to be known as one of the premier karting events in the country with
      racers ranging in age from 7 to 77.

      The Lee County Agri-Center is the home for this year's event and it
      should be nothing but bigger and better than ever before. The agri
      center seats almost 3000 people which is important considering this
      could be a "standing room only" event.

      "Last years event had a larger than anticipated field of drivers for a
      first year event and the phones have been ringing steady since
      Thanksgiving" stated Jam Promotions President Lanier James.

      James relates that the central location of this facility, along with
      all the amenities proved to be popular with the racers last year and
      gave the event something great to build on for 2008.

      Racers will start rolling in the Friday afternoon December 26th to set
      up their pit areas as the excitement builds for the weekend's
      activities. On Saturday and Sunday the participant gates will open at
      7am as practice starts at 8am. The drivers meeting is at 11:15 and the
      first round of qualifying starts at noon sharp. With a full field of
      classes on both Friday and Saturday qualifying will be sent through at
      a torrid pace to get ready for the opening ceremonies and all of the
      feature events.

      This will be an event that you will want to add to your holiday
      weekend for years to come. This year's event also offers a special
      spectator ticket of $5.00 and those gates will open at 3pm both days.
      For the racer or the hard core fan that wants to be there when the
      race gates open at 7am participating O'Reilly Auto Parts stores are
      your destination with a special one day pit pass for $15.00 and a two
      day pit pass is $25.00. For more information go to
      www.leecountyagcenter.com or call 901-368-5278.
    • colin herridge
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 17, 2008
        I tried checking out the site but it only gives info for September

      • ejesser@jvlnet.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 17, 2008
          Hi,
          I will look for a place for info but I think this is the same as the
          program from Tunica/Batesville and the senior champs will run each day.
          (Lite one day heavy the other)Also note they are the second feature of the
          day so be early!
          Ed