Upcoming changes for the Trackchaser forum

  • Andy Ritter
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2008
      Well gang, as most of you know I have not been too active in posting
      or promoting the forum for the last year and a half or so. I have
      simply found other interests than trackchasing and have not been to a
      new track in 2 full seasons now.
      The odd thing is I dont really miss it as I am very happy with how I
      have been spending my time- hanging out with the little ones, racing
      myself, and enjoying my new hobby as a hockey fan while maintaining
      my new hockey website.

      Due to the fact I have essentially neglected the group and not put
      forth the effort to make it better I feel it is time to step down as
      moderator. I recall joining Will's group a long time ago and
      enjoying reading all the posts, whether they be new track reviews,
      opinions on what should or shouldn't count, how much of a race you
      need to see to count the track, etc. Sadly, largely because of my
      doing there is little debate or spirited conversation on the forum.
      I think this should be the place for all topics centering around
      trackchasing. I hope the group regains the passion and fire it had
      before I took over, as I want what is best for the hobby and group in
      general.

      I still plan to be a member, and will read the posts, and add my own
      posts if I hear about a new track, etc, and am thankful for being
      able to meet and interact with many of the readers of this forum.
      Some of the best times I have enjoyed while trackchasing occured
      while sharing conversation at a track with other group members,
      whether the racing itself was good or not.

      OK- so who's taking over? Guy Smith has repeatedly shown interest in
      taking over as moderator/group owner, and has contacted me numerous
      times over the last year or 2. Guy clearly is one of the people who
      participate the most, and certainly has a passion for the hobby, and
      I am confident he will give this forum the effort which I so lacked
      in giving lately. I have switched Guy's status to moderator and
      will transfer group ownership over to him in the next couple weeks
      once he gets familiar with the workings of managing the froum through
      the Yahoo website.

      Thanks to all for allowing me to not only be a part of this group,
      but have responsibility over the forum, and I truly enjoyed it. With
      the transition to Will's new auto racing records site, in addition to
      my ever increasing lack of free time and ability to devote my
      attention to this group I think this is the perfect time for Guy to
      take over. I am sure he will do a good job for the members and the
      hobby in general.

      Keep it Fun! (still)

      Andy Ritter