Old Bridge

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2008
      Bruce

      The Old Bridge, NJ track was listed on the www.trackchaser.net webpage this year...The information was available to anyone at any time by using the link provided...Just to be clear on my personal feelings, I think it is the right thing to do? to share information with the group if you learn about a new track not already listed on the TrackChaser website...If it's already listed, the information is already available...Surely you don't think it is someone else's job to go through the over a thousand track and series websites and post race dates that are already available...Somewhere it has to be an individual's responsibility to check the sites for listed tracks they are interested in attending...The track is also listed on Allan's www.speedwaysonline.com site, saying that it is to open in 2008

      At Old Bridge that day, there were six ranked TrackChasers there, plus Rusty Curry...In addition, in the weeks leading up to the race, three other TrackChasers mentioned it to me while at other races, saying that they wished they could go but had other plans...Although I don't have a NSD with me now, I believe the track is even listed in there this year...It doesn't seem with that many people aware that this was any sort of secret race or a surprise to a lot of those that were interested

      I did review the show on the TrackChaser listserve on July 1...Since you didn't find out about it until yesterday, you missed that mention of the show completely...Perhaps you missed other mentions of it elsewhere as well that others didn't miss

      It is also my recollection that I sent you an email the week before the race reminding you that they changed the date from the original June 15 to June 29...I thought you and Pat might want to go, and I knew that there were some others coming as well...I looked in my Sent Mail box, but it only goes back to July 2...I am thinking I sent you the email in the June 25-27 range...If you can access the emails you received from that week, please check to see if it is there and if you may have missed that too

    • Bruce Eckel
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2008
        To Guy and everyone else,

        I did check back in my old e-mails and you did send one on Saturday evening, June 28th which was a response to me asking you some information on Big Al's. The information about Old Bridge was contained in that note but unfortunately I didn't open it until Monday morning.

        I would like to send along my sincere apologies to everyone especially Guy for my stupid oversight. I always appreciate everyone's help especially Guy and I feel terrible about letting my anger get the better of me.

        So again Guy and everyone else please accept my heartfelt apology for not checking back in my old e-mails before writing in anger and disappointment.

        An added side note of some humor is that I actually replied to Guy on Monday and asked how this outing went and who showed up. Does anyone have a clean towel to wipe the egg off my face!!!! And also I could use a good steak knife to cut the crow I am having for lunch.

        Hope all is forgiven in my knee jerk reaction to the situation. Thanks for understanding. Keep going to the new tracks and keep sending out reports and updates.

        With much humility,

        __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3316 (20080731) __________

        http://www.eset.com

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1, 2008
          Bruce

          Don't worry about it...No problem...The real group members need to stick together and be friends first and trackchasers second...That's the way it's the most fun...I admire anyone that can be a big enough person to say they are sorry if they jump the gun on something...We all do it, but we do not all admit it

        • Bruce Eckel
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 2, 2008
            Guy,

            Thanks for accepting the apology. After analyzing it more the reason I reacted as I did was that I had a horrible week at work and transferred my frustration and anger to my racing friends. Seeing your column just set me off and I am sorry for that. You are right, we have to be friends first and trackchasers second. So thank you for understanding again, my friend!!!!!

            __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3318 (20080801) __________

            http://www.eset.com

          • RPMGORDY@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 3, 2008
              Greetings from your breadman,

              My annual trip centered around the Knoxville Nationals has begun.
              Continental Airlines tried to screw things up by delaying both of my flights
              yesterday, but I made it. My first track, the Newton Kart Track didn't pan out as
              no countable classes showed. A shame, as this might be the best kart track
              I've seen. It's a wide, banked 1/5 of a mile of that fine, dark, Iowa dirt
              which made it quite racy. Outlaw karts would be extreme here, if they would just
              show up. I was told they are welcome, but none have shown thus far in 2008.

              Further east was the Brooklyn Raceway, another 1/5 mile where they have
              an oval and figure 8. A big crowd was really into the action for 5 classes
              of streeter type cars. All features were 12 laps with 2 of the oval classes
              running clockwise, a decision made by officials as they entered the track. The
              fans were quite vocal and cheered every winner whether they were friend or
              foe. A breath of fresh air, for sure. My empty stomach was soothed by a fine,
              beef brisket sandwich. I love Iowa.

              Bruce,

              Next time the job has you down, just think Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!
              Check out the Thunderbolt Raceway schedule for September and see if any of the
              countable weekends fits for a gathering. Just out on the road anticipating the
              look on Patsy's face when she sees the Blue Penguins. Adios.

              Gordy

              Read reviews on AOL Autos.