Orange County Fair NORRA Race

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2008
      TrackChasers

      I don't know if anyone had plans to go, but I got an email today from Pat of NORRA and he said that Orange County has decided not to have them back at the fair this year...This was one of the many events that he called Confirmed earlier in the year...He THINKS the one later in the month at Jolly Roger is still on though...With NORRA I believe it when I see the trucks there and taking the green flag

      Speaking of off road racers, the OORA folks that?announced and then took away the South Buxton date now appear to talk as if the Shannonville date in September is less and less likely as well

      I just got an email today from Roger asking for info about JM figure 8's...He told me that after 44 years, MARC Times has folded...I checked and he is correct...The last paper I got was the last week of May...I found on a message board that someone talked to Beebe and he confirmed that the paper is done...I was paid up into 2010, and that's OK because I understand that they went belly up because they have no more money...I don't expect or want any kind of refund...But I do think it's lousy to cease publication after 44 years with no announcement or explaination at all to the loyal subscribers...Not a classy way to bow out in my opinion

      Reminds me of the story from Bruce Eckel, about Racing News...That one ceased publication and didn't even tell the columnists...They sent four columns until they found out the paper folded...I still think there is a valuable place for trade papers, but they have to do a much better job of marketing their product...I checked the MARC Times website to see if there was an announcement there, and it hadn't even been updated at all in 2008...No excuse for that