Ice racers take note

  • deskjet960@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2008
      Be aware: I was at the Cossayuna Lake ice races yesterday where they had
      a huge field that I would estimate at sixty cars! I talked to alot of the
      drivers and was told by several of them that at the drivers meeting it was
      announced that the upcoming races at Colby Lake in Saranac Lake, NY for this coming
      weekend have been canceled . They said that a couple local residents had
      been protesting the holding of the races and they could not secure the lake as
      had been previously announced. More bad ice news, it is now 62 degrees in
      Rochester, N.Y. PJ

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 4, 2008
        Thanks for the heads up about Saranac Lake PJ...I had just looked at the weather forecast for the week up there, and thought it looked good...I did see the cancellation wasn't listed on the site or the message board...In the evening, I emailed Mike Kamm from AMEC....He confirmed that the race was indeed cancelled and updated the message board post to reflect the cancelation

        I did have a backup plan for the weekend, but it's not looking too good either...The Triple2 Arena in Felicity, OH is running a kart show with Senior Champs as one of the classes...However, even though they have been gathering entries for a couple of weeks, as of Tuesday night they only have one entered...If more enter I'll post it for anyone that's interested...I did print out all the information and mail it to Norm Wagner...Are you planning on going, Roger?

        If that doesn't pan out, and AMEC doesn't run anywhere else which isn't likely given the temperatures, I'll probably go to Hampton for the Arena Cup races, even though it's not a new track for me...Still a race fan